Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

Found and bought a REPROGON-4 7/55mm high resolution lens for aerial images rectification and reproduction, with flip in red filter.
Designed by ROOSINOV, most likely a symmetrical 12e/6g design (it does show 2x 12 reflections, each 6 of them weaker ones due to glued elements).

Some info here on a russian site: http://www.photohistory.ru/1580062009302302.html

#2 (red filter out)

#3 (red filter in)

[I found this after some intense googeling, but I'm not sure this really is its design...]

Optical Image Rectification for Aerial Images is a high precision optical process which needed very special enlargers using the SCHEIMPFLUG principle in three axis simultaneously. The Zeiss SEG 6 using a TOPGOGON lens was such an (western) instrument which may be seen here: https://www.kameramuseum.de/luftbild/zeiss/rmk-21-18/0-home.html

(c) Kameramuseum.de

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the Russian version of that, but this russian document explain the process well:
https://docplayer.net/55576057-Fotogrammetriya-ta-distanciyne-zonduvannya.html

Today of course all this is done computational using digital images!

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Friends

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
The Zeiss SEG 6 using a TOPGOGON lens was such an (western) instrument which may be seen here:

TOPOGON I presume.

In the Russian text you link to I see 30x30cm mentioned. Is that the size of the aerial photograph to be reproduced or the film size, or both? 55mm may well be an extreme wideangle if the image size is anywhere near that large.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be one of your "kill them all" lens, I imagine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
kds315* wrote:
The Zeiss SEG 6 using a TOPGOGON lens was such an (western) instrument which may be seen here:

TOPOGON I presume.

In the Russian text you link to I see 30x30cm mentioned. Is that the size of the aerial photograph to be reproduced or the film size, or both? 55mm may well be an extreme wideangle if the image size is anywhere near that large.

Not sure if that 55mm lens also allows the 300x300mm format; it seems to be wide angle when I project the outside world onto a white sheet of paper. But ist does not look like 300x300mm , more 180x180mm.

Will see soon, I have an adapter for it coming...

alex ph wrote:
That would be one of your "kill them all" lens, I imagine.

I have my doubts, the ZEISS S-Biogon 5.6/40mm resolves up to 400lpm, extremely hard to beat that Wink

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I have my doubts, the ZEISS S-Distagon 5.6/40mm resolves up to 400lpm, extremely hard to beat that Wink

The S-Biogon 5.6/40mm you mean? The only S-Distagon I know of is a film/video copying lens. But, like all of us, my knowledge of obscure lenses has its limits..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
kds315* wrote:
I have my doubts, the ZEISS S-Distagon 5.6/40mm resolves up to 400lpm, extremely hard to beat that Wink

The S-Biogon 5.6/40mm you mean? The only S-Distagon I know of is a film/video copying lens. But, like all of us, my knowledge of obscure lenses has its limits..

This one Dick: http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
dickb wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Yes, Klaus, the S-Biogon, not S-Distagon. Nice lens, I should use mine more often. It only has relatively small image circle though, the stated negative size is 30x42mm. Not quite 180x180mm. I'm glad there isn't a "kill them all" lens or eierlegende Wollmilchsau, much more fun to have horses for courses.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: REPROGON-4 7/55mm aerial image enlarger lens Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
kds315* wrote:
dickb wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Yes, Klaus, the S-Biogon, not S-Distagon. Nice lens, I should use mine more often. It only has relatively small image circle though, the stated negative size is 30x42mm. Not quite 180x180mm. I'm glad there isn't a "kill them all" lens or eierlegende Wollmilchsau, much more fun to have horses for courses.

You're soo right, corrected it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very interesting Klaus! I'd love to see an image made with it.