Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Goerlitz Doppel Anastigmat Helioplan 75mm 4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Meyer Goerlitz Doppel Anastigmat Helioplan 75mm 4.5 Reply with quote

This lens is mounted in a very old dial set compur shutter which is rather tired looking. By contrast the glass was remarkable in its clarity. Fortunately the aperture and b settings worked so it was easy to use on the A7rii. Helical eos to m42, m42 body cap and some filter thread adapter rings then blue tak to the base of the shutter. It didn't come with a jam nut which is unfortunate as I don't have any other copal #00 stuff. The lens and then a few shots around the yard.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20208/big_7980_15975109524461653446237_1.jpg]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Thank you!

Nice shots, interesting setup!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Considering the lens has got to be 80 or 90 years old, is uncoated, and was designed before color film was generally available I was quite impressed with the color rendition. Contrast is very weak, as it is with most uncoated lenses. It does very poorly with backlighting. IMHO the Meyer Helioplan lenses are kinda special.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Thanks, Considering the lens has got to be 80 or 90 years old, is uncoated, and was designed before color film was generally available I was quite impressed with the color rendition. Contrast is very weak, as it is with most uncoated lenses. It does very poorly with backlighting. IMHO the Meyer Helioplan lenses are kinda special.

I noticed the low contrast. Yes, that's to be expected. The fountain shot in lower light has nice contrast though.

Now you need to do some more macro! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pleasing, romantic effect with the flowers. This might have scope for some portraits.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Doppel Anastigmats are my favourite for bokeh centered shot! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. I measured the mounting thread and it is 22.5mm. I have nothing like that. To mount more rigidly I'll need a very odd jam nut. Iif i cant find that, anybody got ideas? I was thinking of maybe a carefully drilled hole in a m42 body cap then carefully gluing it into it with epoxy. The big issue is the aperture control arm comes out the back as is typical of many of these old compur shutters.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Iif i cant find that, anybody got ideas?

Without knowing where the arm you mention goes, how about wrapping the existing thread with masking tape, then screw on a cheap C to M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a thought. The arm exits the back flange between the mounting tube and the backside of the housing. What I have seen before is a jam nut that has a little step in it to accomodate the movement of the lever arm. I had used up all of my aluminum m42 body caps so have ordered more. The one I used for testing has too large a hole to properly mount the thing. I am considering taking it to a local machine shop to see what they would charge to thread the 22.5mm female thread into the body cap.