Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Friedrich axinon 135mm 4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Friedrich axinon 135mm 4.5 Reply with quote

Continuing my enamorment with the friedrich enlarger lenses this recent acquisition set me back less than a 20 dollar bill including shipping.

infinity is not its forte, though truly not that bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems not so sharp. Nice character though...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's rich in colours and in the way it renders shapes! A nice material feeling.

Visualopsins, after looking a the full size shots (for unstance, leaf edges, the moon) I'd say the lens is sharp. It does not have the same high microcontrast as later multicoated ones. But overall detalization is pretty high.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the isue is motion blur. The wind was blowing pretty good. I'll try and get some shots that do a better job of characterizing the sharpness. I can usually tell how sharp a lens is when I use it by using the live view double zoom (probably not the correct term, but whatever).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit bettter but the flower was moving a bit when I shot this. F8 IIRC

and the crop.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Part of the isue is motion blur. The wind was blowing pretty good. I'll try and get some shots that do a better job of characterizing the sharpness. I can usually tell how sharp a lens is when I use it by using the live view double zoom (probably not the correct term, but whatever).

Yes! The wind! (Very windy here too seems like for days already, weather folks say today will be windiest)

Those look plenty sharp.

double zoom 12.5X magnification

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the white rose would look great on a textured photo paper. I really like the rendering.