Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Sankor MC 2.8/35 - Infrared 600nm filter EOS 1d mkII N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Auto Sankor MC 2.8/35 - Infrared 600nm filter EOS 1d mkII N Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Thank you!

Argh! More temptation to modify my 5D. Laughing

I don't remember, are there examples at night in the dark, with suplimentary IR illumination of course?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried a nighttime IR shot yet, but I will. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great coming back Ian! Very pleasant result in general, and especially interesting 3D effect thanks to unusual colouring.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An enjoyable and striking set. Hats off to the timing in #13, Ian.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Alex. The 3d effect I think is something to do with the properties of IR light and how it focuses at a slightly different plane to visible light. I'm just guessing though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, nr10 is my favourite.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tomas. I am looking forward to trying a similar shot to 10 but with the sunlight coming through the leaves. Sadly no sunshine today, just wind and rain. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers Tomas. I am looking forward to trying a similar shot to 10 but with the sunlight coming through the leaves. Sadly no sunshine today, just wind and rain. Sad

It s something i like to observe and shoot myself sometimes, the Japanese even have a word for it: komorebi

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00aebDiwL6r4zI_U62OtDzJpJC7Iw%3A1593512977614&ei=ERT7Xu6QJbKsrgTJxqcw&q=komorebi+meaning+in+japanese&oq=komorebi+m&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADIHCAAQFBCHAjICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgcIABBHELADOgQIABBDUOcsWJMxYIpEaAFwAHgAgAGIAogBgAOSAQUwLjEuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXq4AQI&sclient=psy-ab

Who knows, one day it might become popular as bokeh Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank for that info, never heard of it before. I have been a fan of komorebi as long as I have been taking photos, without knowing it was an actual genre! I have taken so many sunlight through trees/laves pictures - I like to show sunlight in the image and make creative use of flare and aberrations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Oh, thank for that info, never heard of it before. I have been a fan of komorebi as long as I have been taking photos, without knowing it was an actual genre! I have taken so many sunlight through trees/laves pictures - I like to show sunlight in the image and make creative use of flare and aberrations.
Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Like 1

Like 1