Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identify lens mount on this photo?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Can you identify lens mount on this photo? Reply with quote

Can you identify lens mount on this photo?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it's not the obvious (M42), is it a Miranda M44 screw? A diameter measurement would help.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42, probably.
What is the thread outer diameter?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be a T2 mount, in which case the mount itself should unscrew from the lens body.
Often with T2 mounts the camera fitting is engraved on the inner surface of the mount Wink

As others have suggested, measure the thread diameter with a ruler or caliper, there's probably only three choices, 39mm, 42mm or 44mm. If it's 39mm it's more likely to be Zenit-fit than FED/Zorki/Leica-screw.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T2-mount lens with M42 adapter. M42 adapter should unscrew, revealing T2-mount for which adapters are available for almost any camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for identifying marks or letters, P = Pentax screw mount= M42. PK = Pentax K mount.
M could mean Miranda.
Other adapter ID's you can see on adapters:
C = FD = Canon FD
N =Nikon F
C/Y or Y/C =Contax/Yasica
EXA = EX = Exakta
M could mean Minolta SR, but more likely to see MC or MD
K should be Konica along with AR
OM = Olympus OM
That should cover most common mounts.

The adapter in question is most likely M42, it was by far the most prevalent mount for a good number of years, the next most prevalent mount was Exakta, now days it's EF filled by Nikon F.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a T-mount to me. That closest piece looks to unscrew. If you examine it carefully, you'll conclude that it is not an aperture ring, cuz if you look closely at the other end of the lens, you'll see two rings -- one aperture ring and one pre-set ring. So yeah, a T-mount is my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A T2 lens with a M42 adapter fitted is certainly the most likely.
Without actual measurements a definitive answer is rather unlikely, all screw mount threads look fairly similar.
Fortunately both thread diameter and thread pitch can be measured with relative ease - with care a simple ruler is enough to distinguish between the common mounts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually looks like one of my preset 135/3.5 lenses, it has the name of Kaligar, its nearly identical to a Hanimar 135/3.5 but it has an all metal focus ring.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
It actually looks like one of my preset 135/3.5 lenses, it has the name of Kaligar, its nearly identical to a Hanimar 135/3.5 but it has an all metal focus ring.

What's the mount? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
T2-mount lens with M42 adapter. M42 adapter should unscrew, revealing T2-mount for which adapters are available for almost any camera.
Agreed.
This looks very much like the couple of T2 lenses I have with a M42 adapter applied.

However, fairly impossible to definitively interpret from a single picture such as this.