Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A study of Heidosmat 2.8/85 (Made in Singapore)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: A study of Heidosmat 2.8/85 (Made in Singapore) Reply with quote

A widespread plastic barrel projector lens Heidosmat 2.8/85 Made in Singapore (certainly by Rollei). I already tried this triplet shortly and, looking on the liveview screen, found the images too glowy and a bit soft. But wished to give it a better try, to finally find out that it is an interesting lens. It is indeed a bit glowy and soft, besides CAs are strong in shades or in contrast light. But after contrasts-and-colours tweaks or BW conversion all this turns into a certain character.

Taken WO with Sony Nex and put onto a custom adapter. I haven't noticed I fixed the lens a bit tilted in it, so in some shots it's pretty visible.

Close field, generous sun

Mid-range, BW converted

Architecture in a more distant field

People ("you gonna hate me" section)

#10 Glowy shapes and generally "simplifying" character some of you don't seem to appreciate

#11 Further field, with tilt effect stronger pronounced

#12 The way it flares

Bokeh in bubbles and not only

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another one, which makes it difficult to distinguish the figure from the background. Recently I've got an itch for a bit exotic rendering, sorry fellows!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A close-up shot in both colour and in BW