Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Chiyoko 3.5cm F3.5 in Leica Thread Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Minolta Chiyoko 3.5cm F3.5 in Leica Thread Mount Reply with quote

Finally got out to a park, things are slowly opening back up. Good place for the Minolta 3.5cm F3.5, took it out with the Leica M9. Focus is perfect on the M9, I use an original Leitz adapter. The lens uses an an indexed cam, so registration needs to be perfect for the RF to agree with the lens.

This lens is sharp, and has good contrast. Some flare when the subject has a strong backlight, but not bad at all. I need to shoot it next to my Nikkor 3.5cm F3.5, which is very good. My current Nikkor 3.5cm f3.5 is from 1949, and is much better than one I had years ago,

Wide-Open,

Leesylvania by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

At F8- good distortion test.

F4,

F5.6, Strong Backlight.

Last edited by fiftyonepointsix on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide-Open.

F5.6,

Minolta_Chiyoko_Collection by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

This is a good lens, I am happy to have it. Cost is more than a Summaron, and about twice as much as my Nikkor. But- it is rare, this one is beautiful, has original caps and case, and will get used.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of photos. And a lovely lens collection!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognize that lens-You bought it from me!

I’m glad to see in such capable hands! That is indeed a lovely collection.

Now time to find the 3.5cm 1.8 rokkor I guess...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

Thankyou! It is a beautiful lens, the most unique set of lens caps that I've ever seen.

The 3.5cm F1.8 is almost a mythical status, like a Nikon SP2 with the zoom finder. They exist! I've stumbled into rare cameras and lenses, the fun of collecting is recognizing a rare camera or lens. And I've hunted for ones like this.

For my Minolta collection- I'm content. I started with a Minolta Hi-Matic 9 in 1969, still have it. I appreciate the optics in it now more than ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection, I have the 50/2, 50/1.8' and 85/2.8, I'd love to stumble across a good deal on the 35mm/3.5cm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful collection.

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
StillSanj wrote:

Thankyou! It is a beautiful lens, the most unique set of lens caps that I've ever seen.

The 3.5cm F1.8 is almost a mythical status, like a Nikon SP2 with the zoom finder. They exist! I've stumbled into rare cameras and lenses, the fun of collecting is recognizing a rare camera or lens. And I've hunted for ones like this.

For my Minolta collection- I'm content. I started with a Minolta Hi-Matic 9 in 1969, still have it. I appreciate the optics in it now more than ever.

I also have a 3.5CM/F3.5 Rokkor and my front cap is a chrome version like you show for some of the other lenses. The black cap looks very much like one that is original on the 3.5CM/F3.5 Rokkor for the Super A version. I have all the Rokkors for that camera which also includes the 5CM/F1.8 as well as the standard 5CM/F2.

As much as I read about the "potential" 3.5CM/F1.8 I don't suspect I'll ever find one and if one was available, I can't imagine the $$$. Great collection as I have Minolta 35's from Model C,E,F, Model II, and 2 Model B's. Love their classic style...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou- Very interesting about the Lens cap.

Some day I'll have to get a picture of good looking lens caps, like the metal Nikkor push on caps that came on my early lenses, Canon MIOJ rear caps, etc. The metal caps that came with the Zeiss Sonnars- soft metal, and cheap looking compared with these. Somewhat of a surprise given the price of the lenses.

This Black Minolta cap- the nicest I've ever seen. But I will not fill in the "Nikkor" on the Black-Painted, metal cap of the Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5 with white paint. It will just have to be the second best lens cap in the collection.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:

Beautiful !! You should write about each of these lenses ...!!

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the review about 35mm Chiyoko:

All other Minolta's LTM lenses are already reviewed, except 100/3.5 and 35/1.8 (and mythical 50/1.4 of course)