Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC APO TELEZENITAR 135/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: MC APO TELEZENITAR 135/2,8 Reply with quote

i have read many reports about the MC APO TELEZENITAR 135/2,8 lens

My copy is at the post office (the quarantine ordered in my country because the Covid-19, has paralized the mail delivery)

The version is from 1993, so the FFS-16 glass (which in 1985 replaced the TFK-11) was replaced by the TK-14 one.

Any of you have any experience with this version of that 135 mm lens?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several such lenses of various age pre 1990, 1992 and some later, four in total, now down to two.

Quite happy with it, great sharp lens it is....

Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157697484621304

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very common, congrats.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I have several such lenses of various age pre 1990, 1992 and some later, four in total, now down to two.

Quite happy with it, great sharp lens it is....

Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157697484621304

Thank you.

Did you see any difference in rendering with +1992 and previous copies?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Not very common, congrats.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

Thank you.

Actually the newer one(s) are sharper than the pre 1992 ones!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
papasito wrote:

Thank you.

Actually the newer one(s) are sharper than the pre 1992 ones!

Thank you, very much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lens qualities are affected by changes in glass qualities? Do the glass types index of refraction do not fferent? If yes was lens formula adjusted?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
What lens qualities are affected by changes in glass qualities? Do the glass types index of refraction do not fferent? If yes was lens formula adjusted?

That glass originally was used to make that lens "APO" i.e. corrected for CA (chromatic aberration); they later also sold a Telezeniar without the "Apo" in its name.

I don't know if the lens design was changed, probably a few lens radii hat to be adjusted, based on the different refractive index of this new glass type, but not the total lens design.

Here is more: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_893.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

That glass originally was used to make that lens "APO" i.e. corrected for CA (chromatic aberration); they later also sold a Telezeniar without the "Apo" in its name.

I don't know if the lens design was changed, probably a few lens radii hat to be adjusted, based on the different refractive index of this new glass type, but not the total lens design.

Here is more: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_893.html

The text below partially explains why the quality of the lens is higher after 1992. Explains only!

"The first industrial series of the MC APO Telesenitar-M 2.8/135 lens was released by KMZ in 1983 in the amount of 15 pieces. In 1984, the plant was scheduled to produce a lens in the amount of 100 PCs., and in 1985 — already 3000 PCs. However, the refusal of the Leningrad enterprise p/ya R-6681 2) to supply TFC-11 glass led to non-fulfillment of plans for 1984 and the impossibility of further production. While at the level of the Ministry 3) the issue with the production and supply of TFC-11 glass to KMZ was being resolved, it was proposed to replace this glass with FFS-16, produced by the Tarbeklaas plant 4), Tallinn, and an agreement was reached to supply this glass in 1985 for 100 sets of optics. In addition, the lens was recalculated and other glass brands were replaced with cheaper ones. This was due to the fact that the optical materials embedded in the lens were very expensive (the cost of optics was 53.1% of the total cost), which led to a high price of the lens and the refusal of regulatory authorities to approve the technical conditions (in other words: to give permission for mass production).

In 1992, after the termination of glass supplies from Estonia, the optical scheme of the lens was recalculated for the use of TK-14 glass instead of FFS-16 or TFC-11 according to the first calculation option."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know yet:
1. From 1992 the formula changed because the new glass in the lens.
2. The last versión is sharper than the first one.
3. The first version was made after under telezenitar lens (no Apo named)
4. But what about the CA control? Is the last version better than the V. 1in CA control or the older one is more "Apo"?