Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Nikkor 3.5/35-200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Nikon Nikkor 3.5/35-200mm Reply with quote

This is an odd lens. Its macro setting actually focuses pretty close. At 35mm, I find it really difficult to focus. At 200mm, it is so extended that light pressure on the barrel can cause one side of the frame or the other to be slightly out of focus. But it's built fairly well and relatively versatile, and -- my key virtue -- cheap. The last frame is straight out of the camera.

Last edited by gaeger on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow !
Beautiful images !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results look really good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the stones and water pic...

Tomas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of them ! congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sharpness and compositions!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens, great samples!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more shot with the 35-200mm. In July, we were getting amazing sunsets in Seattle caused by the wildfires in Siberia sending smoke all the way across the Pacific. I shot this at Gasworks Park in Seattle. I didn't really notice all the little "stories" going on in the frame until I got home and started looking. This ran on the cover of msnbc.com just before it was renamed to NBCNews.com.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the last one. I think the ones on the left are all standing around talking about AF gear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, I've taken as many photos with the 35-200mm Nikkor as with any other manual focus lens. It's just wonderful. I have three copies of it now -- one is pretty beat up, and I use that if I think the conditions might be harsh. I know some folks have had a different experience with it, which I think goes to show how important finding a good copy of any lens is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Over the years, I've taken as many photos with the 35-200mm Nikkor as with any other manual focus lens. It's just wonderful. I have three copies of it now . . .

Bravo! You're putting those lenses to good use, gaeger.

Like 1 small