Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-TV 35mm f1.7 c-mount on Olympus EPL1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Fujinon-TV 35mm f1.7 c-mount on Olympus EPL1 Reply with quote

This is the last of my Fujinon-TV c-mount lenses. As with the others, machining of the rear of the lens is necessary to get infinity focus on m4/3. As you can see from the pictures below, I also machined the adapter, but everything could have been achieved on the lens itself. Nevertheless, the rear ring of the lens ends up quite thin.

Below are the results from my test chart. The lens achieves good central sharpness even wide open. Inevitably, there is not much difference between f1.7 and f2. Both apertures show a strong swirliness in the bokeh. The test results at f2.8 and f4 seem a touch worse than at f2 and f5.6. This may be experimental error. The difference is quite marginal anyway. Diffraction starts to kick in at f11, though the result is still very good. The softness at f22 is very obvious.

There is some vignetting in the corners with this lens but it is not really obvious in the test shots. It lessens as you stop down to f4 or f5.6 but then seems to remain pretty constant.

All in all, another very nice lens.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some miscellaneous shots with the Fujinon-TV 35mm f1.7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sequence is purely to demonstrate the level of vignetting. The flat cloudy sky highlights the vignetting which is of course not always so obvious.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: High quality Reply with quote

These are obviously better than the cheap Chinese offerings of
Fujian lenses, fun though they may be!

Thanks for the tests! As well as being smaller, more robust and cheaper than the AF lenses, this TV 16mm lens is probably higher quality than all but the SHG lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Fujinon-TV 35mm f1.7 c-mount on Olympus EPL1 Reply with quote

Hallo,
I have just received this lens and mounted on my em5 with the c-mount adapter I used with the 25mm f1.5. But surprisingly I loose the infinity focus here.
Can you explain what can I do to achieve it? What adapter do you use?
Can you help me please?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujinon-TV 35mm f1.7 c-mount on Olympus EPL1 Reply with quote

tardegardo wrote:
Hallo,
I have just received this lens and mounted on my em5 with the c-mount adapter I used with the 25mm f1.5. But surprisingly I loose the infinity focus here.
Can you explain what can I do to achieve it? What adapter do you use?
Can you help me please?

Yesteday I open package with this Fujinon c-mount lens, which looks so huge and large in comparison with diameter to my other c-mount lenses. But covers aps-c with little vigneting. And has nice smooth Fuji bokeh with some twist in background.

To your note also mine loose infinity so I need to screw of back part and somehow attach only mount of lens to back without back part. Will drop a line about next steps. Nowadays I just contacted friend of mine and will be solving this operation with him due some factory changes.

Latter post some pics too. Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yesterday I was at my friend's work and he help me a lot. He machine out adapter from Nex to c-mount with lathe. Now Fujinon fits nicely and infinity is avalible.

Pics here... portraits before customisation of adapter with max focus setting. That yelowish is with full aperture other with flash and f3,5. On Alpha 7S2 with aps-c mode. Almost no PP. Street is after with infinity maintaned. Quite sharp lens