Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multispectral Photography Exhibit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject: Multispectral Photography Exhibit Reply with quote

There is currently an exhibit in Germany at the Museum Sinclair-House, Bad Homburg within the "Wandelmut" (willingness to change) series, which has some of my multispectral works on display. Visible here is a Rudbeckia hirta flower in human vision, simulated bee and butterfly vision, showing the "landing platform" only bees and butterflies can see, as they have the ability to see ultraviolet light (300-400nm), which we humans cannot see.
https://kunst-und-natur.de/museum-sinclair-haus/startseite

(Human vision vs. simulated Bee + Butterfly vision; left to right)

Those photos were taken with a full spectrum modifed Panasonic Lumix GH4, using an UV-Nikkor 4.5/105mm lens and various special filters, including the Baader-U "VENUS" UV transmission filter, light was a 1200Ws studio flash system, modified for higher UV output. Details about all that on my site https://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Klaus.
It is refreshing to see a photographer showcasing his work in printed exhibition form.
Your work certainly deserves a wide audience.
All the best with it
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

To far away for me to visit I'm afraid Wink

It would be interesting if we could ever find out how insects really see things, not only with their UV vision but also with their facetted eye structure.

Then there is the image our brain conjures up as well. I have often wondered what another person sees the world like in their own brain. From birth we have been taught to associate certain wavelengths with certain colour descriptions, but that doesn't mean the image each of us constructs in our own brains will be the same...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That‘s great - congratulations! Sounds like a really interesting exhibition. The different kinds of vision and signs the plants give to certain insects are quite fascinating and your images a great resource to demonstrate that - I‘ll make sure to teach my kids a little bit about that and show them your images.

Und "Wandelmut" ist natürlich auch ein toller Name für so etwas - ein wenig mehr Offenheit schadet wohl selten, auch in Bezug auf ungewohnte Sichtweisen!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments!

Indeed it would be wonderful if we could model a bit more of their vision systems, but this is rather complex, tried that once but rather gave up quickly. Also modeled once some neural system in the bee brain which showed some interesting contrast enhancing effects based on some scientific papers from a Berlin based researcher, but never showed this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Friends

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Kudos!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fascinating to see the differences.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Klaus - very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!

I've always found the topic of the light spectrum beyond human perception to be very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congratulations Klaus!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive Klaus, wonder what the process for getting into an exhibit must be. Hopefully some more in the pipeline! Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I like the combining of art & science, it may interest people in one or other discipline and that is a good thing.

and I bet not one single visitor to the exhibit squinted at the corners of the prints to see what residual aberrations were present... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian? Must you be so cantankerous?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not being cantankerous, it's having a sense of humour.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus- Congratulations on your work being on display.

I have Two lenses on your Favorites List, really need to try them in the UV.

Any use for Zinc-Selenide optics? The opposite end of the Spectrum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all with constructive comments! Wink

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
Klaus- Congratulations on your work being on display.

I have Two lenses on your Favorites List, really need to try them in the UV.

Any use for Zinc-Selenide optics? The opposite end of the Spectrum.

Well, if you have the oder type EL-Nikkor 5.6/80mm you will be quite amazed how good it is!

I don't work on the "other end" of the spectrum really, but have some f1.0/100mm (8...12micron) optics for that in my collection...

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail_sl.php?ObjektiveNr=250

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the older El-Nikkor lens!

Work is clearing out a number of lenses made back in the day. I pointed out that some of the glass is well worth keeping.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
I do have the older El-Nikkor lens!

Work is clearing out a number of lenses made back in the day. I pointed out that some of the glass is well worth keeping.

Great chance to get some good glass for cheap!! Like 1