Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor 28mm F/2.8 (warning: many photos)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Panagor 28mm F/2.8 (warning: many photos) Reply with quote

Just received this lens of Ebay today, so far looks good.

Mechanically is very good, absolutely no play anywhere, nice machined aluminum, everything turns and moves perfectly. Also no scratches anywhere it's like new.

Optically condition seems good too, no scratches or dust.

Price payed: 16€+ 13€shipping

Here's two shots of the lens mounted on a D40:

Next some shots with it, just some test shots, nothing fancy:
Here's one from the magnificent view of the back of my apartment Very Happy (Yeah, I know the sensor is dirty)

Center crop at 2.8

Center crop at 5.6

Corner crop at 2.8

Corner crop at 5.6

Side crop at 2.8

Side crop at 5.6

Close up crop at 2.8 (she was eating soup so she's a bit dirty, but it's the time she holds still the longest Wink)

And an even better view of the front side of my apartment at F/8 Smile

Center

Corner

Not so sharp at 2.8, but i's still decent IMO at least nothing to be afraid to use.
Later on I'll make some comparisons with my 35mm F/2D, (yeah AF I know, but it's the only thing I can use as comparison Wink)

Anyway so far it seems more than worth 29€.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't seem bad at f8 - good corner sharpness and the heavy fringing is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results (cute kid) and looks right snappy on your D40!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I use vintage lenses with my Fujifilm XT20 (APSC) and this lens was one of my first purchases. Since the brand is not popular, I later bought an SMC Pentax-A 28 mm f/2.8 and the Panagor remained in a drawer. I was wrong?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleSkinny wrote:
Hi, I use vintage lenses with my Fujifilm XT20 (APSC) and this lens was one of my first purchases. Since the brand is not popular, I later bought an SMC Pentax-A 28 mm f/2.8 and the Panagor remained in a drawer. I was wrong?

It is a very decent little lens made by Komine. The is also a Vivitar version (28xxxxx serial number). You can achieve good results with it. a bit soft wide open bit sharp from F4. I don't do corners so I can't tell you about that.

Here is an image I made with it.

road side daisies with flare by The lens profile, on Flickr