Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Latest 'Gift' -- VITO CLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Latest 'Gift' -- VITO CLR Reply with quote

The Widow Lady, former member of my Camera Club who gave me OM2 SP and lots of other OM gear found another Olympus Lens, E-Zuiko Auto-T 135mm f3.5 and a 1960's Voigtlander VITO CLR wih 50mm f2.8 'Lanthar' lens and case in the garage where lots of her late Husband's gear was stashed after he was found dead behind his Darkroom Door in 1993. I have tested both -- the VITO CLR has coupled rangefinder unlike the VITO 'B' and 'BR' models and the Lanthar lens is sharp -- but I would like to know how it 'differs' from the 'Color-Skopar' on VITO B and BR.
Voigtlander Vito CLR by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Latest 'Gift' -- VITO CLR Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
... I have tested both -- the VITO CLR has coupled rangefinder unlike the VITO 'B' and 'BR' models and the Lanthar lens is sharp -- but I would like to know how it 'differs' from the 'Color-Skopar' on VITO B and BR.

From what I gather in the Vade Mecum, the Lanthar is a Triplet, and the Color-Skopar is a Tessar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Latest 'Gift' -- VITO CLR Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
pentaxpete wrote:
... I have tested both -- the VITO CLR has coupled rangefinder unlike the VITO 'B' and 'BR' models and the Lanthar lens is sharp -- but I would like to know how it 'differs' from the 'Color-Skopar' on VITO B and BR.

From what I gather in the Vade Mecum, the Lanthar is a Triplet, and the Color-Skopar is a Tessar.

Yes, the Lanthar and the Voigtar are triplets and the Skopar is a tessar type.