Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Paragon PMC II 24mm F2.8 (Macro) Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Super Paragon PMC II 24mm F2.8 (Macro) Sony A7 Reply with quote

Here is one of those generic 24mm F2.8 that IMHO punches way above its price range.

Very nervous Bokeh when used as a Macro down to 1/4
But i think it is very sharp, good in the corners, and good colours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 From looking at these photos I agree with your assessments!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lens. It is said that Cimko made Paragon lenses and the Paragon 28mm 2.8 Certainly looks like a Cimko with a open green diamond. But this one has a closed red diamond like found on Tomioka. But it's eighties like body design is not Tomioka like. Also I don't know of Tomioka made lenses other than in the 50 (Yashinon) and 55mm (1.7/1.4) focal distance (apart from much older pre war stuff)

\

It also focusses closer than the Sigma Super-Wide II (.17 vs .18 ). Maybe Cosina made it and used the old Tomioka style for Paragon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks identical to my CPC Phase 2 CCT 28mm f2.8 Macro which is my favorite 28mm MF prime. I have heard it said they were made by or for Pentax.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Interesting lens. It is said that Cimko made Paragon lenses and the Paragon 28mm 2.8 Certainly looks like a Cimko with a open green diamond. But this one has a closed red diamond like found on Tomioka. But it's eighties like body design is not Tomioka like. Also I don't know of Tomioka made lenses other than in the 50 (Yashinon) and 55mm (1.7/1.4) focal distance (apart from much older pre war stuff)

\

It also focuses closer than the Sigma Super-Wide II (.17 vs .18 ). Maybe Cosina made it and used the old Tomioka style for Paragon.

It is an interesting lens, and a very good one. Mine is branded Clubman MC Auto with a Serial No K8400194. I don't know if the K signifies anything? It's old enough to have a Canon Breechlock mount.

I think it's as good as the Vivitar Close Focus and way better than the Sigma.

I also don't think it's a Cimko, every Cimko I've seen has the unequal diamond focus mark, including the excellent 135 / 2.8 that is branded Super Paragon, the house brand of the Photax stores, who didn't only source lenses from Cimko.
On the strength of that lens I bought a few Cimko lenses, and the Cimko branded 24 / 2.8 was awful, and had no similarity to this Paragon / Clubman lens at all. ( I sold it within days. The other Cimko's I had were very average.)

My Clubman lens, same as this Paragon, has some similarity to the Tefnon / Ensinor 28 / 2.8, it could be the same manufacturer? But who made them?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one seems to have the same spec as well:
http://kmp.pentaxians.eu/lenses/_non-smc/cpc-24f2-8/

Whole thread with similar stuff. http://forum.mflenses.com/clubman-ensinor-confusion-t72117.html

I Have a Sigma Super Wide II, RMC Tokina 24mm 2.8 and Panagor 24mm 2.5 (Komine made) I am sure it is not related to any of them. Cosina is a candidate Or maybe Pentax's Taiwan Cosmicar lens factory (mainly made tv lenses). I don't know how independent they were. There are some Cosmicar copies of Pentax lenses. Cheaper non-smc lenses and kit lenses (some of the SMC-M 50mm 1:2's) Were also made in Taiwan. So a made in Taiwan marking would give us a clue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably Ozone Optical: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ozone_Optical