Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev-80 ie. Salyut-S repair instructions booklet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Kiev-80 ie. Salyut-S repair instructions booklet Reply with quote

well, I posted this on couple other photographic forums, but then I forgot it may be interesting to some here too.

I had for a while the booklet "Фотоаппарат "киев-80" ("Kiev-80") - инструкция по ремонту" published in Moskva back in the 70s by в/о машприборинторг/ Mashprimorintorg, a big (state...) company that dealt with import/export of industrial and technical products. (still there they just converted to the new biznez schemes). Mashprimorintorg did the export of photographic gear to the capitalists markets.

anyway this booklet:

the Kiev-80 was the export badge of the Salyut-S.

I am currently tinkering with some Salyut bodies, and I wanted to check some more details against the technical drawings and more text descriptions.
The Tento booklet for the Kiev-88, which floats around the net since ever, also in english, is too succinct. The Kiev-80 booklet has some more detailed drawings.

I don't touch the book itself but use prints from a PDF I made of hig-res scans cleaned of background greyscale transparency background noise.

I will put this on some website being reworked but then I anyway uploaded the 45mb file to Yadisk. So in case it's of some interest:

https://yadi.sk/i/P8FOhqwVThBl-Q

this doesn't make you repair easily a problem, it's not a how-to for dummies, but a technical summary for repairmen. It's more verbose than the Kiev-88 manual though, with a problem/solution section about what and where. There are references to specific tools and gauges too.

for those who know, it's a bit like the Wolfgang Weiner "Reparatur Handbuch" published in 1994, as per documentation provided by Arsenal. In fact the Weiner manual looks basically like a reprint of all the technical diagrams found on this Kiev-80 manual, with less verbosity about the procedures, a good and similar problem/solution section, all packaged in additional introductory presentation of the whole system.
That is: it won't help more that this Kiev-80 manual.

when I get some time I have to OCR the manual in order to get a better, lighter, and more practical PDF.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for sharing!