Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Optometrist to get special filters fitting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Optometrist to get special filters fitting Reply with quote

Sometimes I need special optics and filters. But often they need to be mounted into a frame or filter mount to fit my special lenses. Asking an optical company is often very expensive and they may not even be interested, as it is often just for single units. So what to do then? Ask your optometrist!! I have a super good one here, who has always been very helpful, even cutting and precision grinding filter glass or diopter lenses into the special size I need!

My optometrist is https://flair-optik-gastell.de/ and I have always been very happy with him. He even proposed to use special UV cutting coatings (>420nm transmitting) on my glasses, as I work a lot with strong UV LED lights and since then no burning eyes anymore!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Optometrist to get special filters fitting Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Sometimes I need special optics and filters. But often they need to be mounted into a frame or filter mount to fit my special lenses. Asking an optical company is often very expensive and they may not even be interested, as it is often just for single units. So what to do then? Ask your optometrist!! I have a super good one here, who has always been very helpful, even cutting and precision grinding filter glass or diopter lenses into the special size I need!

My optometrist is https://flair-optik-gastell.de/ and I have always been very happy with him. He even proposed to use special UV cutting coatings (>420nm transmitting) on my glasses, as I work a lot with strong UV LED lights and since then no burning eyes anymore!

Why didn't I think of that?
I have a number of special filters as bare 25mm discs. I have managed to cobble together a holder for them - but I've only got one & can't find the right fittings for more. Changing filter discs in this holder is a bit awkward out in the field, so better options are very welcome!
Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that useful bit of earned knowledge.