Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer primotar 135mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Meyer primotar 135mm 3.5 Reply with quote

I recently got a silver version of this lens. Upon inspection, I found the aperture can only close down to f11, although f16 and f22 are labeled on the aperture ring. Is this the way it is? Overall the mechanics is superb, very smooth focus ring and aperture action.

In addition, there are some snow flake type of things in the inner glass. What could it be? It is the first time I've seen those. Can it be cleaned?

Appreciate any comments/advice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a preset lens: push the aperture ring up/forward and rotate it to set the aperture range.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is a preset lens: push the aperture ring up/forward and rotate it to set the aperture range.

Thanks. Interesting it is a one-ring preset. I remember I tried something like that. I will try one more time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
it is easy to open, the lens is divisible to use it for macro work. you can unscrew the front part incl. all 4 elements anti clockwise.
the front ring incl. the name ring is also easy to unscrew by hand. then you will have access to all elements by using a lens spanner.
But be careful, the coating of the elements is very soft, so it is easy to leave some fine scratches by cleaning them!!
good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet.groove wrote:
hi,
it is easy to open, the lens is divisible to use it for macro work. you can unscrew the front part incl. all 4 elements anti clockwise.
the front ring incl. the name ring is also easy to unscrew by hand. then you will have access to all elements by using a lens spanner.
But be careful, the coating of the elements is very soft, so it is easy to leave some fine scratches by cleaning them!!
good luck!

Thank you very much for the tip. I actually checked the internet before posting and found there is an image showing 3 sections of this lens. On my silver version, I can't seem to unscrew the front part either clockwise or anti-clockwise. Could it be too tight? When you say anti clockwise, is the front element towards you or is the rear element towards you? I've unscrewed some triplet lenses and it wasn't that hard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
on this site:

https://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/
you can see a photo of the lens after dividing.
it should work anti clockwise , looking from the front part on your lens. it can be very tight, maybe you can try to warm up your lens carefully....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet.groove wrote:
hi,
on this site:

https://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/
you can see a photo of the lens after dividing.
it should work anti clockwise , looking from the front part on your lens. it can be very tight, maybe you can try to warm up your lens carefully....

Thank you very much. I'll try again. The website is excellent. I will need to translate to English. Smile