Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Kipronar 1:1.9 f=14cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Kipronar 1:1.9 f=14cm Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Kipronar 1:1.9 f=14cm

#2 Crop

Framed in APS-C, Standard Profile. Captured through a glass door.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

What is this lens original purpose?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Like 1

What is this lens original purpose?

That's a good question!

I know it is a projection lens, though not sure if it was for motion picture or still. It would be interesting to have the model type of projector used for this lens. The seller stated that it was made prior to 1950.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good. I had thought it is 14mm. It is actually a 14cm lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Pretty good. I had thought it is 14mm. It is actually a 14cm lens.

Thank you. As it is written on the name ring.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is impressive. A lovely natural level of sharpness for wildlife, to my eyes at least. Nice unobtrusive bokeh too. And I like the transition to oof. And I'm familiar with all that's in #1, and the colours look bang on. In fact, the more I look, the more I want this lens. Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
#2 is impressive. A lovely natural level of sharpness for wildlife, to my eyes at least. Nice unobtrusive bokeh too. And I like the transition to oof. And I'm familiar with all that's in #1, and the colours look bang on. In fact, the more I look, the more I want this lens. Like 1 .

The sharp areas are smoothed out by the overlapping of aberrations. I am totally fine with that, and it reminds me of some fast 50s in the sense. Although, the foreground bokeh can be a little messy with certain colors.

Color profile Landscape

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results! Movie projection lens from older system, got later replaced by better ones..

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result is wonderful! BTW i know that helicoid can be buy on internet, but how about the adapter that connect the helicoid? Did you made it on your own?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddyyeung wrote:
The result is wonderful! BTW i know that helicoid can be buy on internet, but how about the adapter that connect the helicoid? Did you made it on your own?

Rafcamera.com

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nice results! Movie projection lens from older system, got later replaced by better ones..

Thanks! Was it possibly the Jena TK 35 model film projector?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Teddyyeung wrote:

Rafcamera.com

Yes, not the most ergonomic outfit though. I have seen more practical implementations using the shell of a gutted lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddyyeung wrote:

Thank you. Best to have the lens in hand to measure what you need for the build up.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken with about 55mm of helical extension on this setup. MFD was less than 2 meters.

#2 Crop

Framed in APS-C. Color Profile Landscape. ISO 2000 1/90 Handheld

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are very pleasant, for the combination of sharpness and mild character. The first shot is especially attractive, with its contrast of colours. Thanks for sharing!