Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

G.ZUIKO 50/1,4 <1.XXX.XXX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: G.ZUIKO 50/1,4 <1.XXX.XXX Reply with quote

i need to desassembly the rear groups elements of the optic

I can't get off the lens of the body .

Anybody knows?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the threads are glued in assembly. Can you post up a picture of which part you are stuck on?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've disassembled and attempted to clean MC 50/1.4, but I'm hazy on details (pun intended).
One of the few lenses I wasn't able to fully service: they've used retaining rings without notches and used glue/thread lock to keep people out.

And it worked: I wasn't able to get into the front optical group Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens has a ligh fungus, seems to be young ones.

They are in the rear part of the first optical group, the first from the apertures.

I only get off the last rear element.

I tried to desassembly from the rear of the lens, not from the front.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received my second MC 50/1.4 from the post today.
The last two elements were easy to get into: once the back of the lens was off, I've sucessfully unscrewed them by hand.
Glue was applied, but did not penetrate the threads.

But after this: no luck at all. I'm fairly fit, pulled my shoulder to a cramp, almost bent my spanner, but had no success whatsoever in unscrewing rear doublet.
I'll try to get to it from the other end by unscrewing the front.

Got to give credit, where credit is due: Olympus was proficient at making unserviceable lenses even before plastic encased groups became a thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
.......The last two elements were easy to get into: once the back of the lens was off, I've sucessfully unscrewed them by hand.....

I can't unscrewed the back of the rear optic (4 elementos in three groups) of the lens.

You did it unscrewing the rear part?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
aidaho wrote:
.......The last two elements were easy to get into: once the back of the lens was off, I've sucessfully unscrewed them by hand.....

I can't unscrewed the back of the rear optic (4 elementos in three groups) of the lens.

You did it unscrewing the rear part?

Yes. I've grabbed the whole protruding rear tube and forced it out.
The last element stayed attached by a collar, but became accessible from both ends, the second last will either fall out or can be removed by suction.
You will need to apply force. The threads should be glued, but in my case glue was applied sloppily and did not reach the threads.

I'm now going through reassembly, and will provide a help pic later if you haven't succeeded by then.

As I've hoped above, I've been able to fully access rear doublet from the aperture side by unscrewing the front 3 element block.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here: you grab this and unscrew it with the good old brute force.

I've put my second copy back together.
Have always maintained the opinion about haze insignificance, but with my first Zuiko I finally had a case of very fast lens and very prominent central haze.

Now that I've obtained a second copy, I've got a real chance to see, whether I should eat my own words.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exploded diagram for the lens is here as well if it helps at all: http://lens-club.ru/public/files/pdfs/4574c2d3bf1081c1cd370b8a76747ef6.pdf?fbclid=IwAR18xltueaoRwPAYgktXx3ynlE1idvqbIxehlqv-_TXvbRtRYd-VoD9ThLU

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

Here: you grab this and unscrew it with the good old brute force.

I've put my second copy back together.
Have always maintained the opinion about haze insignificance, but with my first Zuiko I finally had a case of very fast lens and very prominent central haze.

Now that I've obtained a second copy, I've got a real chance to see, whether I should eat my own words.

Looking at your pic, I see that the lens has the rear group in the body, not get off.

The same for mine. I can't take it off the body

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

Looking at your pic, I see that the lens has the rear group in the body, not get off.

The same for mine. I can't take it off the body

Well, I didn't make photos when I've extracted the lenses themselves.
But if you want full access to the last two elements, I've shown you how.

Since I have little desire finding yet another, even cleaner copy, I've made a hybrid from the best glass available.

Body - lens #1
First element - lens #1
Second and third elements - lens #2
Helical, aperture, rear doublet - lens #2
Last two lenses - lens #1

Some of these things required a lot of brute strength to come off.
All the threads I've come across were either glued or attempted to be.