Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM-System E.Zuiko Auto-T 100mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: Olympus OM-System E.Zuiko Auto-T 100mm f2.8 Reply with quote

A tiny lens, not much longer than a standard 50mm f1.4.
On Fuji XE 2s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've liked the coatings colors on the OM Zuiko lenses ever since I first saw a fast 135.

Beautiful renderings!

Like 1

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like very much the black and white ones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder about the "real world" difference between this E. Zuiko version (with old single coating) and more modern variants (Zuiko without the E and MC version). They are supposed to be optically the same (which doesn't mean that quality didn't change over time, like it happened with some other Olympus lenses, or so people say), with perhaps significant difference in flare resistance and contrast. Since it's not the most common lens I don't suppose many people got to compare different versions. I can buy this E. Zuiko version for okay price, but I'm unsure if it can work as a landscape lens under more difficult light. In any case, I'm mostly impressed by the size of the lens and I already know that build quality of old Zuiko lenses is fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejan wrote:
I wonder about the "real world" difference between this E. Zuiko version (with old single coating) and more modern variants (Zuiko without the E and MC version). They are supposed to be optically the same (which doesn't mean that quality didn't change over time, like it happened with some other Olympus lenses, or so people say), with perhaps significant difference in flare resistance and contrast. Since it's not the most common lens I don't suppose many people got to compare different versions. I can buy this E. Zuiko version for okay price, but I'm unsure if it can work as a landscape lens under more difficult light. In any case, I'm mostly impressed by the size of the lens and I already know that build quality of old Zuiko lenses is fantastic.

I only own an E.Zuiko Auto-T 100 mm f/2,8 and I won't buy a more recent version just to find out about the differences in the coating. Anyway, I never worried about flare resistance with my lens (I added a metal shade) after seeing the results. With only 5 elements and partly highly refractive glass (which reduces the size of the lens), you shouldn't see much difference and Olympus used different layers (sepia and purple colored) which should further improve things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input! I wondered because MC version seemed to handle difficult light quite well (review by Phillip Reeve), which makes it a fine all-around lens, especially around golden hour for some shots with the Sun in or just outside the frame. I couldn't find much info for this version (the only one I can buy locally). Usually I don't care that much about this, but it seemed to be the lens' strongest point compared to alternatives I own (and I wouldn't buy the same lens twice just to find out either). I may give it a go, they don't make them anymore and it's only going to be harder to find nice copies as time goes by.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked this lens, it looks like a little jewel. And pretty good optics.