Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edixa Rex S Travelon R 50mm 1.8 query
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Edixa Rex S Travelon R 50mm 1.8 query Reply with quote

So I got one of these pretty cheap 40 something. Hoping I could figure a way to adapt it. Got it today and was a bit puzzled. I was expecting a double gauss type typical of most faster 50's from the era but the back lens is tiny. More akin to the types of thing you would see with a 35 or 28mm lens. Anybody know what planform this thing has? The images I see on flickr seem to have delightful bokeh. When I get a chance I'll take some shots with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!!

Show us your pics.

And, if you can, some of the lens too

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adaptation is going to be more difficult than I originally thought as the aperture control looks to be on the camera side of the mount. There is a slotted tube around the camera side lens block that when twisted opens the (spring loaded) aperture. It is normally completely closed down. I will figure something out. Short term I will at least get some shots holding it open with BluTak.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Adaptation is going to be more difficult than I originally thought as the aperture control looks to be on the camera side of the mount. There is a slotted tube around the camera side lens block that when twisted opens the (spring loaded) aperture. It is normally completely closed down. I will figure something out. Short term I will at least get some shots holding it open with BluTak.

Good luck!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is a couple of shots "BluTak" mount (LOL) I pushed blue tak into the aperture mech to hold wide open then used a nex m42 and a short helical plus blue tak to get infinity. These are all wide open. No editing at all. I'm still working on getting an actual interchangeable mount fabricated.