Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Macro Photo 20mm 1:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Canon Macro Photo 20mm 1:3.5 Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:20 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been interested in this lens ever since I came across listings for it in the backs of photo magazines back in the 80s. Never pulled the trigger on one, though. Wish I would have. It's nice to see what actual images look like from that lens.

I'm curious -- what did you have the lens stopped down to for the above shot? Are you mounting it to a bellows?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent catch! I have it an its 35mm sister lens, both are excellent dedicated macro lenses!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely little lens. There's a few of my pictures with it here; http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-20mm-f3-5-macrophoto-lens-t79674,highlight,%2Bcanon+%2B20mm.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon Macro 3.5/20mm is as exciting as I had suspected ... take a really small (<1cm) and boring looking flower and put it on the Macro Stand ... just one light source, enlargement around 4:1 ...

Sandwich of two photos, one taken wide open at f3.5 and a second one at f8.

Lots of interesting images to come, I'm sure Wink

S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:

I am interested in a stacking setup. From my initial impression a stacker could be built from surplus 3D printer parts.

I've been thinking the same about a stacking setup, but I can't decide on if I want it automated or full manual, and I want somecompact and portable, I've been thinking of a microscope focus mechanism as the rail, 1" of travel is lots for this kind of magnification.
For the lens, I had seen the 2 Canon lenses that KDS has, but I really want the Topcor 30mm, but it's too expensive right now, I ended up finding a JML 21 already mounted into an M39 mount which is perfect for my Bellows.

Now, how to combine the two on a small tripod?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

For the lens, I had seen the 2 Canon lenses that KDS has, but I really want the Topcor 30mm

Why the Topcor Macro 3.5/30mm?

S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

For the lens, I had seen the 2 Canon lenses that KDS has, but I really want the Topcor 30mm

S

Mostly out of curiosity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

S

Mostly out of curiosity.

Ah OK Wink ... I thought you'd have reliable information that it would be better ... I haven't used mine that often since until recently I didn't own a Topcon / Exakta mount bellows. And using it without bellows i'ts a bit awkward...

S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Ah OK ... I thought you'd have reliable information that it would be better ... I haven't used mine that often since until recently I didn't own a Topcon / Exakta mount bellows. And using it without bellows i'ts a bit awkward...

You should have a Minolta SR/MC adapter for Topcon / Exakta lenses!
I think you have some Minolta bellows!?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
You should have a Minolta SR/MC adapter for Topcon / Exakta lenses!
I think you have some Minolta bellows!?

Yep, I have some Minolta bellows, but I don't have the corresponding "M-1" or "M-2" adapter for Micro Bellows lenses ...

Anyway, I now have a huge original "Igahee Dresden" bellows (to be used with the "Macro-Topcor 3.5/30mm" lens) or the beautiful Canon Auto Bellows, to be used with the "Canon Macro Photo Lens 20mm 1:3.5!

S

EDIT the "Igahee Dresden" bellows has a male Exakta bayonet mount and a female LTM; therefore I can't use it with my "Macro-Topcor 3.5/30mm" which has a male Exacta bayonet mount ...