Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor Ais 50/1,8 long nose
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject: Nikkor Ais 50/1,8 long nose Reply with quote

My notmal lens is the Rollei Planar HFT 50/1,8

Now, I found a cheap nikkor 50/1,8 Ais lpng nose lens and bought it.

Which is the best of both in resolution power, more contrast and color reproduction?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would be interested because a camera store near me has the Rollei Planar and it tempted me (though I have not yet taken the plunge). But I do have a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 in MF. I can confirm that is is an excellent lens and of course is a double Gauss design. I love its rendering. Which one is the better - I cannot say but I would say they are most likely both superb at a guess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoyomaoz wrote:
I too would be interested because a camera store near me has the Rollei Planar and it tempted me (though I have not yet taken the plunge). But I do have a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 in MF. I can confirm that is is an excellent lens and of course is a double Gauss design. I love its rendering. Which one is the better - I cannot say but I would say they are most likely both superb at a guess.

I love the planar HFT rendering, but I read sometimes that one of the elements should has haze. And I had to clean my own lens because the haze.

And that situation should repeat.

So, I look for one good lens without this problem..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have both lenses and used with a sony 7S of a friend.

The Rollei planar has more contrast and better colors. More microcontrast, with nice separation of tones .
In the sharpness department, both seem to be in the same level.

To my taste, planar hft.