Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 100mm f2 Optical Diagram
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Soligor 100mm f2 Optical Diagram Reply with quote

I recently got a copy of this lens and I don't see much about it online. Anyone know the optical diagram? I can't find an official reference. I have sketched out my best guess. I am not sure about the curvature of the middle surfaces of the two cemented groups; I'm mostly trying to figure out by looking at reflections, but I could be wildly wrong based on the refraction of the surfaces I'm looking through to try to deduce.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 100mm f2 Optical Diagram Reply with quote

[quote="xaprb"]I recently got a copy of this lens and I don't see much about it online. Anyone know the optical diagram? I can't find an official reference. I have sketched out my best guess. I am not sure about the curvature of the middle surfaces of the two cemented groups; I'm mostly trying to figure out by looking at reflections, but I could be wildly wrong based on the refraction of the surfaces I'm looking through to try to deduce.

I don't think I have seen a diagram like this, and I've looked at many. It mostly reminds me of the Heliar Classic 75mm f/1.8 but it's 6 lenses in 3 groups.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this diagram based on dismantling the lens, or simply on looking through the (not dismantled) lens?

S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismantling. But I didn’t unglue the two cemented doublets!

I am not a very good sketch artist, so even my crude sketch misrepresents the thickness and curvature of some of the elements.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK - pretty reliable information then! Thanks a lot for sharing!

S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 100mm f2 Optical Diagram Reply with quote

xaprb wrote:
I recently got a copy of this lens and I don't see much about it online. Anyone know the optical diagram? I can't find an official reference. I have sketched out my best guess. . .

Do you have the rubber focus grip C/D version, xaprb? Your sketch looks similar to the diagram from an early 1980s Soligor brochure:

You can find the whole brochure in the Library:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1554178.html#1554178

I believe there was also an earlier metal grip version of the 100 f/2, but I don't know if it used the same formula as the C/D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my lens! Thank you! Now I have to check and verify that someone didn't reverse the last doublet... it'd clearly been disassembled before I owned it, and when I looked at that group, I thought how easy it would be to put it in backwards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaprb wrote:
That's my lens! Thank you! . . .

Whoo Turtle

You're welcome!