Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC macro Rokkor 50mm 3.5 (ordered)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Minolta MC macro Rokkor 50mm 3.5 (ordered) Reply with quote

Hello Fellow MF'ers,

I ordered this lens similar to what @jbuhler recently obtained. http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mc-macro-rokkor-50mm-3-5-t82639,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2B50mm+%2Bmacro.html

Except mine has no accessories, no reversal ring and no spacer. And It's a Rokkor-QF instead of an "X" model. I have a bellows and a Minolta 1,2,3 Tube Set (14, 21, and 28mm + IIRC 12mm for the body and lens rings). Having this stuff, is there any use for the 1:1 tube that originally came with the lens? I would think not, but the dedicated tube has what looks like its own aperture ring. Maybe that would be handy for reverse mount? Or just for use with a Minolta film body?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MC macro Rokkor 50mm 3.5 (ordered) Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
Hello Fellow MF'ers,

I ordered this lens similar to what @jbuhler recently obtained. http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mc-macro-rokkor-50mm-3-5-t82639,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2B50mm+%2Bmacro.html

Except mine has no accessories, no reversal ring and no spacer. And It's a Rokkor-QF instead of an "X" model. I have a bellows and a Minolta 1,2,3 Tube Set (14, 21, and 28mm + IIRC 12mm for the body and lens rings). Having this stuff, is there any use for the 1:1 tube that originally came with the lens?

The original spacer for the MC 3./50mm Macro is about 25mm - which means the lens will go from 1:2 to 1:1 when the spacer is mounted. Your 21mm and 28mm spacers are pretty close to that. However the orange engravings on the front tubus of the lens ("1:1.7", "1:1.5", "1:1.3", "1:1.2" etc) won't be accurate any more since they were made specifically for the 25 mm spacer.

Knudsen wrote:
I would think not, but the dedicated tube has what looks like its own aperture ring. Maybe that would be handy for reverse mount? Or just for use with a Minolta film body?

There's no aperture ring on the 1:1 spacer. There is, however, a coupled indicator showing the approximate effective aperture when using the spacer. Nicely done and nicely looking, but unnecessary theses days, of course.

S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Steve said...
You'll only gain accuracy in the calibrated markings with the life size adapter, you would want one if an accurate subject size is required for scientific reasons, there's no other reason to get the life size adapter other than adding it to the collection.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information! Passing on the spacer and just getting a 55mm reversing adapter. I have a good handful of Minolta 55mm filter thread lenses. Fun times ahead!

Less than half the price of the genuine Minolta spacer with reversing ring.

MFL forum has a vast wealth of information.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hut-O, coming in Friday the 13th!

But I'm not a Templar, honest. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I said in another thread, this one came in a day early. Today I did receive and adapter for the Schneider, and regardless of dismemberment from secret, not secret, or Knighted societies, the EZ adapter is a mm or two too small Rolling Eyes

However, the Minolta Macro is fun! Yes, I think it's good. I'll post some pics taken with it. I do need to work on focus a bit, so excuse that. I was on a short break at work, so that's another excuse Very Happy

Don't really like to spend much time PPing... reminds me too much of my prostate surgery. Thank You Dog

#1 The Larch.

#1 The Larch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 The Flower

#2 The Flower

#3 The Flower

#4 The Flower

#5 The Flower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Minolta Macro is great. And fun to use.

I use mine for product photography for Ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasenbein wrote:
That Minolta Macro is great. And fun to use.

I use mine for product photography for Ebay.

Like 1

I add easy to use to the fun to use. My photo's might not hold a candle to many of the great expert level macro photo's I see here, but all of the above are from my first 25 shots using a dedicated macro lens. I'll get better and enjoy the ride!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Laugh 1

Quoting myself from elsewhere: Friday the 13th, looking up to the sky, shaking my fist and screaming, "I am not a Templar," seems to have worked. Adapters arrived yesterday, once I found the one I hoped would be easiest I tossed the rest on the breezeway. Easy one semi-failed, should work with a bit of filing. But the other one, said would arrive today, actually came in yesterday. The round plate has a lip that light press fits into that adapter, so I can test with that one. I would shoot some tests shots now, except by the time my beloved stopped issuing new assignments, I got busy supporting the Irish economy and recycling some extra-stout grains.

Anyway, this evening I used the Minolta 50mm Macro to get some shots of my 135mm Shneider:

#1 cross dressing as a Minolta Very Happy

No people were harmed in the taking of these photo's. However a goat sacrificed it's hide for the background. Poor Goat. Makes nice lens bags and such.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recycling grains?....
I hope they were fermented first.
Friends

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Recycling grains?....
I hope they were fermented first.
Friends

Indeed! They have been converted to mostly water which was safe to send to the city via my 1938 tank off Standard toilet. They rest I use for my metabolism and psychological well being. Like Dog Laugh 1 Friends