Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

58mm f1.2 Noct Nikkor & Nikon d850 monochrome in the gar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: 58mm f1.2 Noct Nikkor & Nikon d850 monochrome in the gar Reply with quote

Some shots taken with a Noct Nikkor 58mm f1.2 and a monochrome converted Nikon d850 in the garden today (converted by MaxMax in the US). I used a BG38 filter (actually not a Schott one - a cheap Chinese one) on the lens to reduce the UV and IR getting through as the camera is sensitive to everything after the monochrome conversion. These were hand held, and between wide open and f5.6, with shutter speeds between 1/125s and 1/8000s depending on the part of the garden and the ambient light levels. Processed in Darktable from RAW. Reduced in size for sharing here, although for one image I have included a crop of the original shown at the original resolution as well.

Below is a crop from the original of #6 above showing the flower. This is shown as actual pixels.

As a final one, not from the Noct Nikkor, but taken with a prototype 52mm Leitz Elcan lens earlier in the day, with no filtration (so a bit of UV, and IR as well as the visible light). Again, resized for sharing.

Last edited by JMC on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has very likable rendering.
Mono seems to suit it nicely.
Thank you
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Tom! Pretty film rendering. Even if the OOF seems sometimes overcharged.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which 58mm Noct is this? The old f/1.2 or new f/0.95?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. It's the 58mm f1.2 Noct Nikkor. I've edited the title now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite usefull lens it must be. THanks for sharing.