Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 王 (king) M42 sample
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 王 (king) M42 sample Reply with quote

Hi folks, after a few years of excellent help on this forum, I'm just starting now to get some decent results, and I want to share one image.

This was taken with a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 王 lens on a Fuji X Pro1 in Paradise Valley AZ.

If anyone wants to see what the lens looks like, I've also included a picture below.

It is interesting that I liked the results from this lens than the Sonnar 1.5, that I have three versions of, but I really have to shoot better daylight samples.

Lens

"Velvia" emulation with +20% sharpening

Super Saturated version for a the Saturated Color Photography Facebook Group:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tints are over saturate. Why?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the lens picture doesn't show Twisted Evil So i still don't know what's so special about this lens. In my opinion You botched the color correction of the pictures, colors are way too saturated and that even in the "normal" version. So i wouldn't call this a good advertisement for your "mystery lens" Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the lens picture doesn't show Twisted Evil So i still don't know what's so special about this lens. In my opinion You botched the color correction of the pictures, colors are way too saturated and that even in the "normal" version. So i wouldn't call this a good advertisement for your "mystery lens" Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 王 (king) M42 sample Reply with quote

stevesurf wrote:

Super Saturated version for a the Saturated Color Photography Facebook Group:...

I had no idea there was a group for saturated colour. I'm not on Facebook, but I'd be interested to know if they stretch to Kodachrome. I take it Velvia isn't saturated enough, so I'm guessing Kodachrome isn't either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is the image of the lens: https://www.google.com/search?q=https://sgwproductimages.azureedge.net/8/1-27-2020/640585227114639tber.JPG&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNQd5-Edt2vnEmafdQltRdnKIvCjLA:1581775518625&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Qa_SYhj7-eBz1M%253A%252C_-FH9HWtGQTVvM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQA0IaRTg6L9Yeg0ZaqmX1_eVgJhw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwitrpv_3NPnAhVJxoUKHVflCBsQ9QEwAHoECAIQBQ#imgrc=kQ6-Drumh6QSAM

These images may have photography as a base, but processed like this they are no photo's any more. Here is a sample of what a Tessar can do when you do not overprocess it.

Geranium F4 by The lens profile, on Flickr