Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135/2.8 same glass, 15 and 6 blades?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 135/2.8 same glass, 15 and 6 blades? Reply with quote

Just a simple question:

Does anybody know if the Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 with 15 blades has the same glass as the one with 6 blades?
Or in other words, has anybody ever tried to put the glass of the 6-bladed version into a 15-bladed Pentacon 135mm?

Has anybody got the optical scheme of both lenses?

The optical design of the Meyer Optik Gorlitz: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_317.html#prettyPhoto
But I can not immediately find the optical design of the 6-bladed 135mm f/2.8.

Thanks in advance for all the help given.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Meyer and a Pentacon. Reflections in the glass look identical, so the formula is probably the same. The Meyer feels heavier.The Pentacon has more modern coatings. Body design is very different, so the size of the elements could be a bit off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I have the Meyer and a Pentacon. Reflections in the glass look identical, so the formula is probably the same. The Meyer feels heavier.The Pentacon has more modern coatings. Body design is very different, so the size of the elements could be a bit off.

Thanks. I will just have to try it I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer coatings are harder to peel off if wrong cleaning liquid is used. Image quality isn't really observably better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

within the most reliable resource on optical design of East German lenses might be found at www.zeissikonveb.de .

This page (click) is about the 15 blade version.

This page (click) is about the auto version.

It is not only the same optical formula, also the lens shapes look identical. You could have luck that they fit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandreas68 wrote:
Hi,

within the most reliable resource on optical design of East German lenses might be found at www.zeissikonveb.de .

This page (click) is about the 15 blade version.

This page (click) is about the auto version.

It is not only the same optical formula, also the lens shapes look identical. You could have luck that they fit.

Thanks a lot for those links. That was exactly the information that was looking for.
The lens shapes indeed look to be identical. This gives me very much hope for a good outcome.

I will give this swapping a try as soon as possible, because that will be the only way to know it for sure (if the lenses are interchangeable or not).