Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6? Reply with quote

Hello, can somebody suggest the good lens FISH EYE type for Nikon Z6 ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6? Reply with quote

mikaxx wrote:
Hello, can somebody suggest the good lens FISH EYE type for Nikon Z6 ?

I'm not up-to-date with the backward-compatibility of Nikon lenses, but when I bought my Peleng 8mm "back in the day" it came with two T2-type mounts, M42 and Nikon. It's been subsequently adapted to PK. It's a cracking lens and ridiculously flare-resistant! It's only a "full-circle" lens on full-frame, but the corners still vignette on APS-C.

Here's a couple of (resized) shots from a similar viewpoint, as they came from my APS-C Pentax, uncropped and no other adjustment. If the horizon is kept level the results can be quite convincing, but tilt it a few degrees and everything goes cock-eyed Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy on DPreview's adapted lens forum named C-K shene, he shoots Z6 and has an extensive collection of glass. He might be your best bet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6? Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
I'm not up-to-date with the backward-compatibility of Nikon lenses

Z is just a regular mirrorless system in this regard. There is a Nikon bayonet adapter, an FTZ, but it can only operate newer lenses with built-in motors and electronic aperture control.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little less wide and a little faster than Peleng is Zenitar 16/2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6? Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
kypfer wrote:
I'm not up-to-date with the backward-compatibility of Nikon lenses

Z is just a regular mirrorless system in this regard. There is a Nikon bayonet adapter, an FTZ, but it can only operate newer lenses with built-in motors and electronic aperture control.

The Nikon USA web-site writes :-

"Great glass endures. That's why Nikon cameras—from the Nikon F in 1959 all the way to D850—have remained compatible with nearly all F-mount NIKKOR lenses. Why would things be any different with the Nikon Z? The Mount Adapter FTZ lets you keep shooting the lenses you know and love while also gaining the benefits of the new Z system. The legacy of compatibility continues."

I get the impression from this that a manual lens will still function within the limitations of a manual lens, but I've been mis-lead by marketing-speak in the past! Mind you, for the asking price, I'd really need to use an old lens before I bought the adaptor Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens FISH EYE for Nikon Z 6? Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:

The Nikon USA web-site writes :-

"Great glass endures. That's why Nikon cameras—from the Nikon F in 1959 all the way to D850—have remained compatible with nearly all F-mount NIKKOR lenses. Why would things be any different with the Nikon Z? The Mount Adapter FTZ lets you keep shooting the lenses you know and love while also gaining the benefits of the new Z system. The legacy of compatibility continues."

I get the impression from this that a manual lens will still function within the limitations of a manual lens

No. The adapter does not have an Ai connection, so a manual focus Nikkor has no way to report the aperture back to camera, therefore the automatic aperture does not work and your Nikkor becomes just like any other brand of lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Primes:

Nikon AFS 10,5mm DX lens

Nikon AFD 16mm / Nikon Ais 16mm, both in MF

Zooms:

There is only one: Nikon 14-24mm AFS

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I warmly recommend Minolta MD 16 mm fisheye. Exceptional from corner to corner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I decided to bye Zenitar 16 f2.8 with Nikon F bagnet But I read it doesnt have an electronic. So it will be works good with FTZ ?
OR I should buy with the M42 bagnet ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikaxx wrote:
Hello. I decided to bye Zenitar 16 f2.8 with Nikon F bagnet But I read it doesnt have an electronic. So it will be works good with FTZ ?

Does not matter, Z6 will treat both the same.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
mikaxx wrote:

Does not matter, Z6 will treat both the same.

Nikon lens adapts to cameras accepting M42, not vice versa -- consider if you might use lens on other cameras. Nikkor mount adapts to more cameras.