Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Light box DNG files (I meant light room!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Light box DNG files (I meant light room!!! Reply with quote

Hi I recently installed a copy of Lightbox and I am just getting to grips with it. One of the things it does is comvert all my raw files to DNG on import does anyone know anything about these files? are they in any way superior to raw?

Last edited by hacksawbob on Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this, Bob:

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top man thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also does LB do sharpening I cant find it anywhere?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, are you meaning Lightroom?
Because Lightbox as far as I know is a javascript applet for web sites - at least in the Windows world, don't know about Macs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's this one Orio:

http://www.lightboxsoftware.com/

@ Bob:

I don't have this program myself as I use a PC but according to the homepage, it's more of an image management system than a fully fledged RAW converter, so maybe it doesn't actually have a sharpening feature?

It's just a pity that Rawshooter Essentials is PC only as it does feature sharpening amongst a lot of other useful tools and is free since Adobe bought out Pixmantec. I use it myself and can recommend it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry yes lightroom!!! Embarassed I'll change the thread title...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems they want you to change from one proprietry format to another Confused I wonder if they will keep it an open standard once they have everyone by the short and curlies?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it forces manufacturers to stick to a common format rather than make up their own individual ones with possible future obsolesence, then it can only be a good thing.