Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fungus removal - Minolta AF 28-85mm f3.5-4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Fungus removal - Minolta AF 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 Reply with quote

I know this is an AF lens but would be grateful for any help with my fungus problem.
A patch of fungus growth has appeared on what appears to me to be the second glass surface from the rear of the lens. I know how to remove fungus but not how to access and remove the element. If anyone has experience with this lens could they give me some guidance on how to proceed?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Maxxums are fairly easy to get into. You start by removing the screws that hold the contacts. On 28-85 it is probably connected via a ribbon cable. Leave it place, but don't lose the tiny spring that sits under it. Then remove the baffle held by three tiny black screws. Now you can remove the mount screw and safely remove it. This should provide you with the unobstructed access to the rear of the lens. Rear group is all metal, and you should be able to unscrew and disassemble it without much effort.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Gardener, thank you. I'll have a go tomorrow and see how it works out. Friends