Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kew Gardens, Zeiss glass and new scanner !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Kew Gardens, Zeiss glass and new scanner ! Reply with quote

Went to Kew Gardens lugging my Hasselblad + 3 Zeiss lenses + A16 back and loaded with 05/2005 dated Fuji NPC 160 which I rated at 100 ASA and home-processed in C41. I now have a new scanner! Canon 9000F Mk II and it gives great results -- no more 'scan lines' trouble and it worked with my Vuescan Pro straight away so i did no load the Canon Software. Inside the tropical houses the lens 'steamed up' and I did not use the end of my shirt as I saw other photographers doing ! I got mainly 1/30 second to get enough Depth of Field inside but managed to be steady.
80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*

180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and congratulations for the new scanner, big improvement!
Looks like a nice place to visit.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectacular! Clap hands from me.
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

What is your impression of the Canon 9000F Mk. II scanner? How does it do with scanning transparencies and colour negatives?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Canon 9000F Mk II scanner Reply with quote

Sorry not to have replied but had another stay in Hospital ( Kidney Function) and 20th May Endoscopy procedure.
My 'Gift' Canon 9000F Mk II is really great --- I can use a higher scan resolution than the old Epson of 2800 and it gives very sharp results -- I have not set the 'maximum' resolution as of course they do not tell the truth !
I did NOT use the supplied CANON Software disk -- I have 'Vuescan Pro' and it found the CANON scanner right away. I have used it with B&W, Colour Neg and Colour Slide films.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 9000F Mk II scanner Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Sorry not to have replied but had another stay in Hospital ( Kidney Function) and 20th May Endoscopy procedure.
My 'Gift' Canon 9000F Mk II is really great --- I can use a higher scan resolution than the old Epson of 2800 and it gives very sharp results -- I have not set the 'maximum' resolution as of course they do not tell the truth !
I did NOT use the supplied CANON Software disk -- I have 'Vuescan Pro' and it found the CANON scanner right away. I have used it with B&W, Colour Neg and Colour Slide films.

Many thanks. I did not have a functioning PC for some months, hence this late acknowledgement. I think the time to get a suitable scanner has passed for me. If we get past the Corona business somehow, I will have to devote some attention to buying a suitable K-mount macro lens and setting up a DSLR scanning rig.