Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got this Hanimex 135mm 1:3.5 and it's adapter fits the 200mm so now infinity is possible
Hanimex Tele-Lens 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

For reference the serial number as later versions my have a T-mount instead of a H-mount
Hanimex Tele-Lens 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Well I got this Hanimex 135mm 1:3.5 and it's adapter fits the 200mm so now infinity is possible

For reference the serial number as later versions my have a T-mount instead of a H-mount

Like 1 small Good for you! Those 47mm adapters are scarce.
And thanks for showing that 135mm serial number. I've been wondering about the connection between serial numbers and 47mm mounts.

D1N0, can you please tell me the serial number of your Hanimex 200mm f/4.5 shown at the beginning of this topic?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's H39099

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens pictured is a preset, not auto. I had a couple of these 200/4.5 presets in the past, gone now since I downsized my collection when I retired. Good sharp lens actually.
The suggestion above is correct, this was a 1960's Tokyo Koki/Tokina lens. Sold under many distributors brands, such as Hanimex.
Some of them had a proprietary alternative to the common T-Mount - named above as an H-mount, but Hanimex was just another distributor.
T-mount is M42x.75, H (or Tokina proprietary) was M47. Otherwise very similar to the T-mount. One just screwed on the appropriate adapter ring for your camera. One can find these Tokina made lenses in both the standard T-mount and in the proprietary M47. The M47 types are a real pain in the bottom as the adapter rings are hard to find.

The T-mount and other interchangeable mount systems were intended to let a single lens design be functional on many different SLR mounts. This was a very big deal in the 1960's-80's especially for smaller third party lens makers. The biggest problem with this type of system is that it was limited to manual aperture or preset lenses as these were simple mounts with no integration with stopdown mechanisms. There were a bunch of automatic interchangeable mount systems later (Adaptamatic, YS, Adaptall, etc.) but that is another story.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
It's H39099

Thanks, D1N0. I've posted some observations about Tokina made lens serial numbers here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1556674.html#1556674

luisalegria wrote:
The lens pictured is a preset, not auto. I had a couple of these 200/4.5 presets in the past, gone now since I downsized my collection when I retired. . .

Don't forget the sunscreen while you're lounging next to the swimming pool, Luis. Wink