Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD Lenses on FTBn
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Canon FD Lenses on FTBn Reply with quote

a Good Camera Club Mate and Fellow FLICKR member gave me these great lenses ! Here are an Auto- MAKINON MC zoom 35-70mm f3.5 - 4.5 and a wonderful TAMRON BBAR Multi-Coated Zoom with 'Macro' 85-210mm f4.5
Initial tests show MAKINON slightly Soft at full aperture and TAMRON useable at full aperture and really sharp for 'Macro' setting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 some serious-looking photography equipment!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 some serious-looking photography equipment!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Tamron, it's a nice one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of great classics you have there. My first "real" camera was an FTBn just like one of yours. As a result, I still have a fondness for them. I currently own three, two FTBn's and one regular FTB.

Good to know about that Tamron. I have a nice collection of Tamrons, but that's one I don't have. I like how the early lenses tend to have fixed maximum apertures and I've always though that the early Tamron adaptalls were handsome lenses. Tamrpm zooms are well-known for having excellent macro settings.