Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very Old Minolta lenses (Chiyoko Family)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Very Old Minolta lenses (Chiyoko Family) Reply with quote

45mm f/2.8, 50mm f/2, 85mm f/2.8, 110mm f/5.6, 135mm f/4

Still missing the 35mm, anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Lars!

This one you need?

Not mine, seen in Japan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx! Yes that is what I am looking for Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these in any way related to Leica specifications? I think the image performance is quite similar, right? At least it is for the 5cm...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5cm is a Summitar type yes Wink
The 11cm is something. Very compact and excellent IQ. Perfect travel tele lens.

http://manuellfokus.no/chiyoko-tele-rokkor-11cm-f5-6/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those images are fantastic. Are they all stopped down or is it possible to shoot wide open?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is an amazing lens from wide open! My jaw was almost down at the pavement in Las Vegas where I got it delivered.
I do not have words really, tiny little thing(smaller than the tiny canon 100mm f/3.5) and still the sharpest from wide open of all the short RF tele lenses I have. A real keeper and a perfect travel companion if size is important!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, congratulations on such a fine collection! It seems the high prices are justified. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you will be fine with the Canon LTM lenses. They are cheaper and just as good (some even better), but the 11cm lens is something of its own Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Well, you will be fine with the Canon LTM lenses. They are cheaper and just as good (some even better), but the 11cm lens is something of its own Wink

Indeed, I'm only familiar with the Canon 100mm F2 LTM which is outstanding for its age, but of course the best lenses are always going to be expensive! I prefer to acquire the larger (and faster) Minolta lenses myself but I wouldn't at all be surprised if your 11cm beat any of my MC Rokkors at F5.6. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful silver lens ! Great collection. It is my first time seeing Minolta RF lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really beautiful collection!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, they are indeed almost like jewellery for me Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know are precious

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Wonderful Lars!

This one you need?

Not mine, seen in Japan

Does anyone have an idea of the production numbers of the 3.5cm F3.5 in Leica mount that Klaus shows here?

I've kept an eye on Ebay from time to time- it seems that 90% of these were made in Super-A mount, and even those are not common. This lens shows up about as often as another lens that had 300 produced. If I had to guess, I would think a few hundred in Leica mount.

I should have one here next week, paid more for it than my MIOJ Nikkor 3.5cm F3.5 in LTM and S-Mount together.