Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic SP II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Spotmatic SP II Reply with quote

What flea markets are good for ... to find a nice minty camera with lens at a good price. Happy Dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're lovely cameras, especially in black. And a great lens as well, it's a winner. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember seeing too many in black. The easily lost flash sync covers are there too. Nice find Like 1 .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, a piece of beauty!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the retro look! How many megapixels? What size sensor? (just kidding)

Really nice find! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!!

In my opinion, these are the best 35mm SLR cameras ever made. I have 3 of them. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a stunning well looked after camera! Congrats Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Beautiful!!

In my opinion, these are the best 35mm SLR cameras ever made. I have 3 of them. Smile

HUH! Well I have a Pentax S3 and first Spotmatic and they are nice cameras but limited in what they can do compared to a more modern SLR.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking camera!

is that original strap?
shop logo that princess eye?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Beautiful!!

HUH! Well I have a Pentax S3 and first Spotmatic and they are nice cameras but limited in what they can do compared to a more modern SLR.

IT has shutter and meter.

Really, if you work with the 2 zonas system (prefocus zone and zone exposed) can take pics very fast.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
great looking camera!

is that original strap?

I have that strap fitted from my SVs to my MX, also the 'AP' logo on the camera case. They must have been standard fare for at least a decade. The shoulder pad I'm not sure of. It may be particular to the spotty but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
great looking camera!

is that original strap?

I have that strap fitted from my SVs to my MX, also the 'AP' logo on the camera case. They must have been standard fare for at least a decade. The shoulder pad I'm not sure of. It may be particular to the spotty but I'm not sure.

My father's 1964 Spotmatic had the logo on the case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

The shoulder pad I'm not sure of. It may be particular to the spotty but I'm not sure.

All you see is genuine Pentax stuff, from shoulder pad to filter and eye cup.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
great looking camera!

is that original strap?

My father's 1964 Spotmatic had the logo on the case

what a strange thing, was it actually ment to be used on the case but instead like a pin on your coat etc?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Beautiful!!

IT has shutter and meter.

Really, if you work with the 2 zonas system (prefocus zone and zone exposed) can take pics very fast.

Well of course if you are a digi user as well you can use the digi for complicated situations ( or convenience) and the Spotmatic for some thing different or hobby etc.
For me as a 95% film user find aperture\shutter priorities (for quick shots) and timers and exposure readings up to 45 secs with auto wind on and so on...very useful at times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

The shoulder pad I'm not sure of. It may be particular to the spotty but I'm not sure.

Yes, I recognise the shoulder pad as Asahi, I'm just not sure if it came standard on certain cameras, or was an option, like the eye-cup for example.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
quidam wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Yes, I recognise the shoulder pad as Asahi, I'm just not sure if it came standard on certain cameras, or was an option, like the eye-cup for example.

Gerjan doesn't mention pad as accessory, nor show any photos of straps. Once I bought a lot from KEH including Asahi cases & straps - most had the pad...makes me think was standard. I've been using strap & pad on 5D for many years already, and my spots have too, & hard case for one of my F.

The soft cases all had the pin logo. There are at least two models of pin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Gerjan doesn't mention pad as accessory, nor show any photos of straps. Once I bought a lot from KEH including Asahi cases & straps - most had the pad...makes me think was standard. I've been using strap & pad on 5D for many years already, and my spots have too, & hard case for one of my F.

The soft cases all had the pin logo. There are at least two models of pin.

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did you pay for this set if I may ask? Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indigo82 wrote:
How much did you pay for this set if I may ask? Congrats

I paid € 45, a bargain.