Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaili 2.0/35mm E-Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Kaili 2.0/35mm E-Mount Reply with quote

I had previously bought a chinese 2.0 / 35mm with e-mount from Amazon.
With 30.83 euros including postage, the cheapest new full-frame lens that I've ever come across.

The glass was sold under the trade name EBTools. My research has shown that the lens is
probably manufactured by Changchun Kaili Optronics Co. A company from Jilin (Motherland of China) with
more than 500 employees (Kailioptics).
The glass weighs 360g, so it is a bit lighter than my Nikon Nikkor-O 2.0 / 35mm with E-mount adapter.

Length of the glass 97mm with 55 filter thread. The design is probably originally intended for SLR, the
rear lens optic is 25mm inside the lens. 8 lenses in five groups, the corpus is made of plastic and
metal. Feels good, the rings run smoothly, nothing rattles or wobbles. The E-Mount fits perfect without play
in my A7II. Aperture blades are plentiful. The lens comes with caps in a neutral cardboard box,
unfortunately without a sun shade, but with a synthetic leather bag. There is no manufacturer name on the lens -
only 35mm F2.0 Macro ø55mm.

Since the weather is bad here, you have to wait a bit for the comparison test with the Nikon,
I'm just around the house for a few sample pictures. So everything in the dark.

It's really amazing what the Chinese can do for this price. The lens costs over Alibaba in
a purchase of up to 299 pieces US $ 80, over 1000 pieces the price drops to US $ 50.

I have to take a closer look at the flare tendency, I now had a cheap 55 UV filter on it.
The aperture runs from 2.0 to 22. The nearest limit is at 25cm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ask why do the ancient manual lenses go down in prices and interest.

The answer seems to be obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New FF 35/2 for 31eur shipped is beyond ridiculous.
Post full res shots! Moar full res shots! Very Happy

I suspect EF version should exist too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! It is so cheap for such lens. It might be sold at clearance price.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

I suspect EF version should exist too.

Yes:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/35mm-F2-0-SLR-Camera-Lens_62416697167.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.28ba764007J5AA

More photos when the rain stops Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's super nice price for a 35mm f2. Amazon US sells them under Kelda. This manufacturer seems to have a 85mm 1.8 as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be flooding the market at these prices. And before long they'll be up for sale second hand, like the 7 Artisans lens I bought for £10 recently.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
They'll be flooding the market at these prices.

Those are wholesale prices, mind you. Retail will be about three times as much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some daylight shots with the Kaili @ the Sony A7II