Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D printed petri bayonet adapter!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: 3D printed petri bayonet adapter! Reply with quote

won a petri camera and a few lenses at auction for cheap, but the petri-to-nex adapter is both rare and expensive (appears to be one person manufacturing them, and they're only occasionally available) so i reached out to friends to see if anyone could 3D print me one of these: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3837160

the first of three arrived yesterday, and folks, it works!

it feels solid and fairly snug (albeit no bayonet detente or positive locking mechanism on the petri end), no light leaks, and can focus to infinity..

this also possibly solved the question of what mount is that silver sonnagar 135mm seen in the background, which oddly enough won't mount up to the actual petri camera but fits nicely on the adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great. There are quite a few mounts still missing cheap adapters like Altix, Ambi Agfa, Miranda... and it is good to know print quality is usable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
This is great. There are quite a few mounts still missing cheap adapters like Altix, Ambi Agfa, Miranda... and it is good to know print quality is usable.

i've a miranda adapter, either fotasy or fotodiox don't recall which, that was around the usual prices.. haven't seen those others tho, for sure.

according to my friend, this cost basically pennies to print and $4 to ship it to me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I did actually get a cheap old metal petri>m42 adapter once.. That someone had wedged a m42>petri adapter into.. 😒😭

That's definitely cheaper than the ones I've seen listed on ebay previously.

#jealous

😁

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
What material was used to print your adapter?

the standard plastic filament i guess? i don't know the specifics, but it seem sturdy enough, at least where there's enough material there.. the body is very solid, but i wouldn't trust the plastic bayonet tabs with a heavy lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
I did actually get a cheap old metal petri>m42 adapter once.. That someone had wedged a m42>petri adapter into.. 😒😭

there was an old petri > m42 adapter on ebay the other day, but it was only marginally cheaper than the nex adapter, and i saw some commentary that it might not allow infinity focus, tho i don't know whether that was regarding use on a mirrorless camera or not.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:

You may want to see if your friend with the printer can make the adapter go to M42 instead of Nex. Then purchase a very inexpensive M42-NEX slim adapter. This will allow for metal on metal at the camera bayonet and M42 threads on the printed adapter will have more surface area to key onto for a stronger bond.

this was printed from a readily available design (linked at the top of the thread) - i dont think either of us have the wherewithal to convert to convert this into a petri-to-m42 adapter (especially if that involves accounting for changes in the focal length etc) but perhaps i will contact the original designer about that..

long-term, if these lenses prove worthwhile to me, i'll probably shell out for the metal adapter when it turns up again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:

I don't know where I placed my withal, but here is a quick mash up. All my Petri lenses are native M42 so I cannot test or measure for clearance.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4047243

Like 1 Like 1 small