Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder Coupling on Leica M7, M9: CZJ M39, Leica Summ5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Rangefinder Coupling on Leica M7, M9: CZJ M39, Leica Summ5cm Reply with quote

Hi folks, I know I know this is another of endless and boring RF coupling questions.

Just to get the humor out of the way, a search result here only came up with this:

kansalliskala wrote:
Just take a screwdriver and remove all the parts you can from the M9. Some of them may require use of force but don't worry.
Cool Smile

#1 Will a Leitz Summar 5cm f/2 M39 couple to my Leica M7 or M9 with any M39 to M Mount adapter?

#2 Will a Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58 M39 also allow the rangefinder patch focusing to my Leica M7 or M9 with any M39 to M Mount adapter?

Many thanks and Happy Holidays to all Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Will a Leitz Summar 5cm f/2 M39 couple to my Leica M7 or M9 with any M39 to M Mount adapter?

Yes. Assume the camera/lens are properly adjusted and the adapter have the correct thickness.

#2 Will a Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58 M39 also allow the rangefinder patch focusing to my Leica M7 or M9 with any M39 to M Mount adapter?

No. Unless your Biotar 58 is converted to L39 with a coupling cam adjusted to fit your lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Yes. Assume the camera/lens are properly adjusted and the adapter have the correct thickness.

Thanks for the reply. I would assume the following adapters would work, right?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/995067-REG/fotodiox_l39_lm_5075_leica_m39_lens_to.html

https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-637/lens-adapters//adapterfinder-products/camera/leica-m-mirrorless/objectiv/33.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a 50mm one with an opening to accommodate the focusing tab, as indicated below.