Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Urban landscape
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Urban landscape Reply with quote

REM Montreal in the making
Hand held panorama.
10 frames with 70-200/2.8 at the long end in portrait mode.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive machinery!

And considering the whole frame with all its poles and bars and other geometrical shapes, I'm very impressed with the (quasi-)absence of ghosts and other stitching hiccups. How did you do that one?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean?
I just told PTGuy where are the jpegs and their order and that was it.
No ghosts, phantoms , etc.
No hiccups either.
I guess I was lucky.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, the way this machinery is configured, and the shot is composed, the machinery on the underside on the right isn't nearly as obvious as that big gantry or whatever it's called, so it looks as if the whole business is hanging in the air, unsupported on the far right. Amazing chunk of technology to document as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting shot. Impressive lens, which 2.8/70-200 is it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Interesting shot. Impressive lens, which 2.8/70-200 is it?

First version. With IS.

Link from Wikipedia with a picture of the same machinery

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9seau_express_m%C3%A9tropolitain#/media/Fichier:R%C3%A9seau_express_m%C3%A9tropolitain_Lanceur_LG-1_Anne.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
What do you mean?
I just told PTGuy where are the jpegs and their order and that was it.
No ghosts, phantoms , etc.
No hiccups either.
I guess I was lucky.

I don't use PTGui (I have to give it a try, but I'm not yet ready to buy it), but in my experience with multiple stitching softwares, everything that kooks like a "line"has always been a struggle. More often than not, it doesn't work out.

And as you have a lot of these line-shaped objects in your composition, it's very good it all worked out. Luck or skill Smile