Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TV Xenon f2 100mm unrecognized mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: TV Xenon f2 100mm unrecognized mount Reply with quote

Has anybody any idea on the mount of this lens ? The circular rod with "ears" is 62 mm diameter.
I have another lens which is an Astro-Berlin Telastan 3,5/200mm with the same mount

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, have seem similar before but can't help about the (TV-)camera it was once used for

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too remember seeing it here on MFlenses. Iirc, it was for East German or Russian movie camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I finally found something : this "strange mount" is a FESE (Fernseh Gmbh) Tv cameras KOC, KOD, KOE and KOF types;
here is a very interesting site : http://www.fernsehmuseum.info/fese-kox-optiken.html .
I recognized my TV Xenon 2/100 mm with its long sunshade , as is.
Now , finding an adapter appears to be a bit tricky ...
Many thanks for your answers , they put me on the right way to search and find the good response .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Hi, I finally found something : this "strange mount" is a FESE (Fernseh Gmbh) Tv cameras KOC, KOD, KOE and KOF types;
here is a very interesting site : http://www.fernsehmuseum.info/fese-kox-optiken.html .
Many thanks for your answers , they put me on the right way to search and find the good response .

Just found Yours thread. Thank You very much for pointing on this site.

There are also a pair of Scheider catalogues on https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/rlSchneiderMisc.htm where these lenses are mentioned even with the prices:

Inflation corrected price today for the full set would be around 30000 USD, which makes me crazy.

I have several such lenses with different focal lengths. The original FESE mounts were already removed but some were included with the lenses. You and the mentioned internet page are right: the lenses have M48x1 thread mount with the 53 mm flange distance and they cover FF sensors. I have found one vintage M48->M42 adapter which fits but the threads are wrongly oriented and the lens sits with the markings down on the camera. This adapter is rather simple and fits all teles starting from 100mm. It will also fit 35 and 50mm after small modification: shave ca. 0.5 mm inside cylinder of the m42 mount and make a small groove inside the 48mm base (increase depth) for 35mm. I've printed out plastic adapters as the temporary solution for these lenses instead of modifying the metallic one.

75mm lens has a longer cylindrical part behind the thread which prevents using the M48->M42 adapter. So I have decided to make an individual Canon-EF adapter for every lens. The proposed adapter will be made from two parts: the metall ring with M48x1 thread and secured with screws M42->EF adapter on top. Such construction will allow me to orient the lenses properly and to use them on Canon or any other system camera.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
here is a very interesting site : .

I have customized three Xenon lenses (50, 75, 100) from Fernseh camera

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNL wrote:
Helios wrote:

I have customized three Xenon lenses (50, 75, 100) from Fernseh camera

[/img]

Like 1

Welcome TNL!