Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 2,8 / 24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Flektogon 2,8 / 24mm Reply with quote

Hello,

sometimes you can find the Zeiss (Jena) Flektogon 2,8 / 24mm lens, which was used on cine cameras (Arri etc).

Does anybody know anything about this lens ?

michaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know quite well CZJ lenses, I heard first time this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only a small patch made back in the days. I never see it appear on eBay. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
There is only a small patch made back in the days. I never see it appear on eBay. Rolling Eyes

Does anybody know why just such a small number of these lens was made ?

What's so special about this Lens ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably nothing special, per se. The reason for a lack of CZJ cine lenses is probably due to a lack of market. Arri, Bolex and the other makers of Cine cameras were in the West and therefore used western Zeiss, Schneider, Kern, Cooke and Angenieux lenses. In the Eastern Bloc, they had equivalent cameras and lenses made in Russia, primarily by the LOMO plant in St Petersburg and I expect they supplied all the other Eastern Bloc countries. LOMO made a comprehensive range of lenses for 16, 35 and 70mm cine and they are, as you would expect from high end professional cine items, of superlative quality.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the Flektogon 2,4 / 28mm made especially for cine cameras Prozent was it Used with normal still-cameras too ?

You offen find it with cine mounts like arri etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Probably nothing special, per se. The reason for a lack of CZJ cine lenses is probably due to a lack of market. Arri, Bolex and the other makers of Cine cameras were in the West and therefore used western Zeiss, Schneider, Kern, Cooke and Angenieux lenses. In the Eastern Bloc, they had equivalent cameras and lenses made in Russia, primarily by the LOMO plant in St Petersburg and I expect they supplied all the other Eastern Bloc countries. LOMO made a comprehensive range of lenses for 16, 35 and 70mm cine and they are, as you would expect from high end professional cine items, of superlative quality.

+1 I think they had no space on market.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Flektogon Reply with quote

Does anybody used this lens ? How is the quality of this lens compared to other cine lenses ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on this particular lens but I have tried the 2.8/40 mm Sonnar, the 2/25 Biotar for 8 mm Pentaka camera (and the 2/5.5 mm which is only covering a fraction of the mFT sensor). The 2.8/40 is really nice and sharp even wide open and almost completely covers mFT, even though the corners are not perfect. The Biotar is quite sharp wide open too, but has a clearly visible vignette. But the typical Biotar swirl, even more pronounced because of the incomplete coverage.
From the 16 mm Pentaflex camerae, I can really recommend the Biotar 1.4/25 mm. Sharp wide open, some vignetting but a great Biotar swirl and bokeh when working close to the minimal focus distance. The 1.4/50 mm Biotar I had was not really sharp wide open but fully covers mFT. I have also tested the 2.8/12.5 mm Flektogon, but imo this lens does not cover enough of the sensor to make it useful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know for which cameras the Flektogon 2,8 24mm was made ?
It' s often to find in arri mount. (like some others CZJ lenses too)

Was It made in other mounts too ?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a difference in design or quality between lenses in Arri ST-mount from Zeiss West (Opton) Ort Zeiss East (Jena), for example the Sonnar 50