Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prakticar 35 2,4 disassembly?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Prakticar 35 2,4 disassembly? Reply with quote

Helo,

I recently acquired one of these, as a sort of later and slightly cheaper version of the CZJ Flektogon version. Perhaps with a greater chance of a smooth focus action / aperture. Well, the aperture works great and the focus is pretty even..but it sighs a lot and occasionally makes a kind of honking sound. It's perfectly usable but not very enjoyable. It is in fact slightly worse than the single Canon FD lens I had, and not like any Minolta SR or Zuiko lens.

I have successfully dissassembled and regreased an MD Rokkor 50 1,2 so I know at least what lube works well and have some experience with ball bearings going ka-ping across a room.. I have also tried to disassemble a Volna 9 that proved to have rather fragile little grub screws, re-assembly was never successful.. so I wonder whether you think it would be a good idea to bring this lens to the operating table. It wasn't super dear so it wouldn't be a disaster if it died there, merely a waste.

I saw http://forum.mflenses.com/cleaning-and-relubing-czj-m42-flektogon-2-4-35mm-t34863.html which appears helpful although not exhaustive: are there any other good resources?
I assume the Prakticar and Flektogon versions look rather the same inside.

Neat lens anyways, very useful mfd.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the link you have everything that you need (i CLA-ed 2 or 3 of them in M42 mount), what is not shown will become obvious as you work on the lens. That is presuming that the internals are similar for both the Praktina and M42 mounts. My suggstion is not to dissasemble the aperture mechanism if you never worked on one before, this one is of the more complicated ones, just look at where the return spring is in the Youtube video Smile.

Tomas