Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some portraits w Canon 50/0,95 Canon TV (Dream) Lens @ A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Some portraits w Canon 50/0,95 Canon TV (Dream) Lens @ A7RII Reply with quote

Lying here adapted for about 2 yrs, I've never really managed to kick my ass and bring the lens to light (w only f/0,95, prepare sun to be your #1, simply for being put too much daylight in when wideopen) as one of my possible buyers wanted some sample photos first. Now I am selling nothing! Very Happy

This year I gradually sacrificed Biotar 75, Summilux 80, 55mm ASPH Canon, 85/1.2 FD L Canon and some others, but I think I can't afford to miss this lens creating bokeh just from 2nd person that should initially be in DOF Very Happy

All pics are just f/0,95 - too hard to resist not to shoot below f/1:

Strangely, the center at 0,95 is sharp... (on 43 Mpix I guess)

Marek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect appearance, no 1 is my fav

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I guess Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An impressive sharpness, thanks for sharing!

I was wondering at which point such a luminous lens renders close to large format, old times photography with its typical thin DOF. I rendered one of your shots to sepia and pushed the contrast. But the shot still looked too modern beacause of its sharpness! So I put a bit more of softness. Now it looks a bit closer to the old time style. Even if the corner blur is not like LF Petzval or Triplets rendered.

Hope I don't hurt you with this experiment.