Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

QBM to EF EOS adapter wont remove
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: QBM to EF EOS adapter wont remove Reply with quote

Hi all.

This is my first post but I follow you for a long time. I would have preferred something else to start with, but now, I'm having a big problem and I thought maybe I could have stumbled upon someone who might have encountered a similar problem.

Basically, I have a Panasonic G85 with a Viltrox EF-M2 speed booster to use manual lenses via different adapters to EF. So I bought a Fotodiox adapter QBM-EF, I put the ring on the Viltrox and I managed to put on a Voigtlander AR 21mm. I tell myself, it works, great! Except that when I wanted to change it I could not remove the lens of the QBM-EF ring or the QBM-EF ring from the Viltrox EF. I turn everything I can turn but nothing works!
I am stuck! I'm afraid to force myself to break something.

Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Have a nice day

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be a great help to you, as I never used a QBM-EF adapter. Once I easily changed the QBM mount of Rollei Planar to an EF mount. Before reading your post I thought swapping mounts was the only way to adapt a QBM to EF, given a minimal difference of 0.5mm in flange distances between both.

But maybe if you add a picture of the lens with the problematic mount that gives to other, more expert members a better idea, and a piece of advice arrives quicker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex's reply confirmed my suspicion the QBX-EF adapter is very thin. Adapters like this usually have a small spring internally that catches on the lens mount & holds the adapter in place. With the lens & adapter removed from the reducer it should be easy enough to operate this with a fingernail & get it off the lens
The other half of your issue is getting this off the reducer. The reducer should have a small mount lever/button that releases lenses etc & allows them to rotate as usual the actual design varies quite wildly with adapters but will be near the EF mount. I have had one adapter where the handle came off this just leaving a little slot, carefully fiddling with a needle eventually got the pin retracted so I could disconnect the parts and a replacement screw turned up that fitted in the mechanism restoring normal use. But even so I didn't really trust it so binned the adapter as soon as a replacement arrived - mine was just a cheap standard type adapter.
Good luck! Friends

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to both of you for your answers.

I looked good before I bought this ring Fotodiox, and I understood that it worked and even have the focus to infinity.

Indeed the speed booster has a button that allows me to unclip the photo lens or ring. In this case, it works, I can clip the ring or unclip it. Only I can not turn the ring enough so that she can go out.
Unfortunately I can not remove the ring from Viltrox.
I made a little video, it'll be more talking than a photo. Sorry for my spoken english witch is worse than the written!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mo97t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
just for telling you that all is back in order. The men from my local shop was able to remove it. Hope soon I can upload some pictures from it. Thank you anyway for trying to help me.