Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lomo 35mm f/1.2 projector lens incoming!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: lomo 35mm f/1.2 projector lens incoming! Reply with quote

Hello!
Purchased this one earlier today :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262703277428

Seems to be unused, and the results i see on flicr looks nice!
Has anyone here tried this Russian?
I will be using it on M43 mount; gotta be nice for portraits - 70mm f/1.2
on my Olympus.
Have a nice day! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is for 16mm film, so expect some vignetting.... Wink
Personally I only use projection lenses made for 35mm film, as there is much better coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Personally I only use projection lenses made for 35mm film, as there is much better coverage.

Thanks for input Klaus!
According to Mike Lee:

“ The lens vignettes on APS-C at infinity focus.  FOV equivalent on APS-C would be 52.5mm and bokeh simular to f/1.8  but with really dark corners.  As it's converted, the lens focuses just slightly past infinity which is fine.  As you zoom in however the vignetting becomes much less apparent but never completely disappears.  The vignetting occurs because the lens has to be super close to the sensor and the rear element is small.  This lens is best used for medium range to close in photography or micro 4/3 sensors should perform well with this.  Landscapes and infinity shots will have to be very creative. “

http://www.mike-lee.org/scripts/camera/view.htm?id=1557

I usually ADD vignette to my portraits quite routinely - So fine for me anyway!
And it´s got nice resolution also : 100/55 lpmm

-------------------

“BlueBubble” har a nice collection on flicr; probably shot with Sony E mount :

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=LOMO%2016KP%2035mm%20f1.2%20Cine%20Projector%20lens

( Wonderful Sharpness&Bokeh…. To me,at least)

Last edited by togg on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

togg wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Thanks for input Klaus!
According to Mike Lee:

“ The lens vignettes on APS-C at infinity focus.  FOV equivalent on APS-C would be 52.5mm and bokeh simular to f/1.8  but with really dark corners.  As it's converted, the lens focuses just slightly past infinity which is fine.  As you zoom in however the vignetting becomes much less apparent but never completely disappears.  The vignetting occurs because the lens has to be super close to the sensor and the rear element is small.  This lens is best used for medium range to close in photography or micro 4/3 sensors should perform well with this.  Landscapes and infinity shots will have to be very creative. “

http://www.mike-lee.org/scripts/camera/view.htm?id=1557

I usually ADD vignette to my portraits quite routinely - So fine for me anyway!
And it´s got nice resolution also : 100/55 lpmm

OK, great for you then Smile

It is 100/55 lpm (= 50/26 lppm) and that is theoretical, expect half of that on sensor Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my fav fun lenses, I would say it works pretty well for portraits too if you like the heavy vignetting look.
out of control by Imagedit, on Flickr

fence bokeh by Imagedit, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way too much for my taste though Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me i get the most fun out of weird lenses, a breath of fresh air from the norm and allows me to be more creative in my hobby.

I totally understand though Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagedit wrote:
For me i get the most fun out of weird lenses, a breath of fresh air from the norm and allows me to be more creative in my hobby.

Nice! you use it with Sony E mount, right?
Ahhhh...weird lenses Shocked - a fresh breath indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

togg wrote:
imagedit wrote:

Nice! you use it with Sony E mount, right?
Ahhhh...weird lenses Shocked - a fresh breath indeed!

Yes on my a6000, i always carry this lens with the 16KP-1.2/50mm and alternate between the two.
Such fun and creative lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: lomo 35mm f/1.2 projector lens incoming! Reply with quote

togg wrote:
Hello!
Purchased this one earlier today :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262703277428

Seems to be unused, and the results i see on flicr looks nice!
Has anyone here tried this Russian?
I will be using it on M43 mount; gotta be nice for portraits - 70mm f/1.2
on my Olympus.
Have a nice day! Very Happy

Were you able to adapt the lens to micro 43? I tried using an helicoid but the lens has to be really really close to the sensor to focus, and the helicoid doesn't allow the lens to get closer to the sensor because of a small prominence it has...