Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Diopters for Ricoh cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject: Diopters for Ricoh cameras Reply with quote

I have a couple of Ricoh's, KR-10M/KR-5 Super II.
It shows in the manual the KR-10M did have a full range of diopters available for it. I certainly haven't found any listed anywhere today. I did find a little info that suggested their may be some cross compatibility with diopters with Ricoh/Pentax cameras.

Anyone have any idea if there are diopters that may fit either of my two Ricoh's? It's a real wild shot but thought it won't hurt to ask. Would be so much better to use these cameras without glasses if I could.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any diopters that have the right filter threads for your lenses will work, the brand/model of camera is pretty much irrelevant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewfinder diopters. ..a pair of old eyeglasses with your prescription, the lens can be cut to correct dimensions to fit -- better than manufacturer results if you have astigmatism...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Any diopters that have the right filter threads for your lenses will work, the brand/model of camera is pretty much irrelevant.

Thanks for the reply. I was meaning viewfinder diopters.

visualopsins wrote:
Viewfinder diopters. ..a pair of old eyeglasses with your prescription, the lens can be cut to correct dimensions to fit -- better than manufacturer results if you have astigmatism...

Ok, thanks, I'll check with my optometrist to see who can do that. I'm due for a visit anyhow.