Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone used EOS 600 with mf-lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Anyone used EOS 600 with mf-lenses? Reply with quote

Can you focus and expose right?

I mean EOS 300 is dysmal in both of these but 600 is 15 years older technology.
And somewhat more high-end, real prism, changeable focusing glass etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a chipped adaptor for focus confirm, otherwise just stick your lens on a dumb adaptor. Set the camera to P or A . I have a few EOS film cameras and apart from a 35-105 af zoom, I exclusively use MF lenses. My favourites are my Nikkors.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used my m42 lenses on Canon EOS, both film and digital. Worked fine

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, chipped adaptor. But really the focusing experience on a 300 is no different to a Zenit with empty ground glass, right? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aperture Priority mode should select shutter speed automatically.

Use stop-down metering in Manual mode.

Mirror may hit some lenses lenses; typically only a problem with some 50mm and some wider lenses; longer than 50mm typically do not get hit.

Without chip fast focus screen is needed to see focus by eye with lenses faster than f/2.8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: mechanical modification Reply with quote

If I remember correctly,yars ago some Canons had a little squarish knob that woukld fit in a recess in the lens, confirming that it had the makers blessing. No notch, no picture. My usual measure agaist such mechanical knavery is to use a drop of superglue, but in this case it would not have helped to fix it as depressed. I cannot rrecall what I did to mount a Maksutov, maybe file a notch in the lens mount?

p.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: mechanical modification Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
If I remember correctly,yars ago some Canons had a little squarish knob that woukld fit in a recess in the lens, confirming that it had the makers blessing. No notch, no picture. My usual measure agaist such mechanical knavery is to use a drop of superglue, but in this case it would not have helped to fix it as depressed. I cannot rrecall what I did to mount a Maksutov, maybe file a notch in the lens mount?

p.

Camera works with standard EOS/CY adapter but I'm not sure about exposure?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: screen Reply with quote

as with all autofocussing devices, the groundglass is useless. Canon warns that with the manual focus screen that you have to put in, the metering will be a little bit off. Using a wide range B&W film like Ilford XP2 it does not matter much if the metering malfunctions.

p.