Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Tamron F.I.M 35mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Auto Tamron F.I.M 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Early F.I.M for reference, pictures from auction. Seems to be the same as Luis, close in serial nr too:
http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-35-2-8-adaptamatic-t10343,highlight,+adaptamatic.html

Last edited by roglebk on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only recently becoming aware of these Adapt a Matic lenses and have yet to take mine out, but I'm interested to know what the "F.I.M" designation stands for. I see it mentioned in a couple of other threads but no definition. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find any info either but seems like the earliest version.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
I am only recently becoming aware of these Adapt a Matic lenses and have yet to take mine out, but I'm interested to know what the "F.I.M" designation stands for. I see it mentioned in a couple of other threads but no definition. Smile

FIxed Mount ? Fix Integrated Mount ? .. If correct that mean these are not true adaptamatic (interchangeable)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that looks like a fixed mount one. is that a bayonet visible in the pics? probably nikon F then.
The screw sleeve that holds on the adaptamatic mounts has a distinctive milled lip to it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapt-a-matic has an unscrewable silver ring that holds in the mount. Looks like this:

Here is a resource: http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/Adapt-A-Matic_LensIndex.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, probably a fixed mount, it's a Minolta SR. Edited out the Adaptamatic part.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto looks like a fixed mount.