Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Munchen Quinar VL 135mm 2.8-How to unscrew?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen Quinar VL 135mm 2.8-How to unscrew? Reply with quote

Hi, I`ve read on Will Nemski s site that you can unscrew the lens head on this to fit to an M39 bellows. Unfortunately he doesn`t explain how and I don`t want to start messing with mine unless its basically a straightforward twist (left loosey!) of said head.

The reason for doing this is to allow access to the rear element to give it a clean, someone has previously cleaned it using a dirtyish cloth by the looks of it, other wise its in VGC. I think it`s affecting the contrast slightly and suspect someone has removed the head before hence that`s how the dirt got there.

Anyone took the head off their Quinar?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Grip the part above the aperture ring and unscrew it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin83, much cleaner now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an old, grubby, silver Quinar 135 2.8 that really needs some cleaning. A little haze on the front of the front element, but more a problem with grime and some fungus. Overall it just needs a good scrubbing to bring it back to life, I think.

I've gotten the optical block unscrewed and separated without a problem, but I need to remove the rearmost element, and I can't see a clear way to do it. I'd be thankful for any advice on that (I'll be trying in the meantime).

The focusing is completely locked-up, so I'll be working on that as well. Luckily it's isolated in the rear tube of the body. It doesn't look -too- complicated at first glance, but it's early to say for sure.

I'm hopeful I can resurrect this cool old lens.

BTW, is the filter thread really 54mm? I have a 54mm step-up ring but it doesn't seem to fit.

calvin83 wrote:
Yes. Grip the part above the aperture ring and unscrew it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is designed to use Series VII filter which is roughly 54mmx0.75 according to data I have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I picked up this lens again and I managed to get the retaining ring off the rear element finally. I used a rubber ring over a balloon after loosening it with solvent.

Balloons are my favorite lens utility tool. They so often come in handy!